“I've become a regular”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Norfolk Street
Transit: One block from Bethesda Metro station
Description: An Iranian restaurant serving Persian cosine. Beef,chicken,lamb, and seafood kabobs served with Basmati rice , tandoori bread, and salads. A lots of vegetarian and low carb choices. We serve wine and beer. One of the highlights of this restaurant is the daily specials.
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I eat at Kabob Bazaar 2-3 times per month. This place has great kabobs. I usually get the chicken shish kabob with 1/2 rice and 1/2 salad. The staff is always nice. We frequently use some sort of coupon, which makes dinner a great deal too. It's a plus that they have their own parking lot in Bethesda.

1  Thank CYLau

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I only ate here once so take my comments with a grain of salt, so to speak. We ordered lamb kabobs (barreh kabobs), chicken kabobs (jujeh kabobs), and the Persian chicken salad. Nothing special. The kabobs were on the dry side (though this was take-out so that might be why) but the marinade added very little flavor to the lamb and chicken. I've had much better Persian food in the DC area. The restaurant looked very nicely decorated.

1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I frequent this place ALOT! Being persian it's hard to find almost authentic food that is reasonably priced. The restaurant has plenty of room and parking is very easy. Some suggestions on what to order: The lamb kabob, jujeh kabob, and adas pulag ( rice with berries).

I would suggest that if you park in the back, GO DIRECTLY TO THE RESTAURANT. I've seen them tow people for just walking across the street. You can also get here by getting off the bethesda metro station and heading towards wisconsin avenue on the main street level. Other things to consider trying if your hungry. My personal favorites are fesenjun, lamb shank, and of course the Khoreshteh Karafs (It's a stew consisting of herbs, celery, and beef chunks). One of my personal favorites if your craving something light yet filling.

I would also suggest you ask for tadek, musta-muse! Tadek is the crispy parts of the rice, and musta-muse is yogurt mixed with shallots. Very yummy thing to have while waiting for you food.

3  Thank Kevin P
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is an uncrowded restaurant with decent food, not especially great. I had one of the kebabs, which had a modest amount of meat, lots of vegetables and a ton of rice. The ice cream that some people raved about was nothing special in terms of its consistency. Prices are fair, but there are many other choices nearby I would recommend.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Good Persian place, I have been to better ones, hence the four stars. The kebab dishes are fine but not outstanding, good choices on the accompanying rice. In general if you think kebab dishes are dry, then try the lamb shank, which is served only two days in the week.