“Hidden Gem”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Norfolk Street
Transit: One block from Bethesda Metro station
Description: An Iranian restaurant serving Persian cosine. Beef,chicken,lamb, and seafood kabobs served with Basmati rice , tandoori bread, and salads. A lots of vegetarian and low carb choices. We serve wine and beer. One of the highlights of this restaurant is the daily specials.
Virginia Beach, VA
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

While visiting DC we ate at this nice Persian restaurant in Bethesda which though on a main street was rather hidden. The service was courteous and prompt. We had lamb which was our favorite. The portions were more than adequate. We found out afterwards that there was free parking in the back but we had already parked. We were very pleased with this restaurant.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Delicious food, terrific service, the Napoleon dessert is a must-try”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I am very happy we found this place. It doesn't look like much from the street, but it's very nice inside. But the decor isn't all that important to me, so lets talk about food. It was excellent! Every single thing we ordered was delicious. The flatbread that the waiter brought out before the meal was freshly baked with excellent crackling crust. The kabobs (chicken thigh) were perfectly marinated, juicy, and very flavorful. The fesanjoon had a home cooked quality to it, was very comforting (which is great at an unfamiliar place). We don't normally order desserts, but this time we ordered a Napoleon and I am so glad we did. It was perfect! Last time I tasted a Napoleon this great was when my grandma made it, 20 years ago. As if all this is not enough to recommend this place, the prices are very affordable (comparable to having a meal at a Panera Bread-type place). And the service was amazing - very prompt, attentive and unobtrusive. Overall, a fantastic place!

Somers, New York
“Delicious food, friendly and fast service”
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We went here for dinner with some friends. We all enjoyed the food, and the service was fast and friendly. I ordered the fesanjoon, a stew made with pomegranate syrup and ground walnuts. It was really good. I've ordered this dish before at other Persian restaurants, but this was about the best I've had in a restaurant. Most of my friends had various types of kebabs, all of which were good. Prices were quite reasonable, and waiters were very attentive. Overall, a very pleasant dining experience. If you arrive by car, there's lots of of free parking out back, in front of Smoothie King (2 hour limit).

Visited May 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“It's okay, but top 3 in Bethesda??”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

I am on a mission for objectivity in these ratings. So I tossed away $25 for lunch at Kabob Bazaar. Nice flowers on each table. Very pretty. Curtails the drabness somewhat. Food very average. Tabbouleh was okay. Mixed kabob was bland and overcooked, esp since I ordered extra rare. I have traveled thoughout Turkey, Morocco, Jordan, Israel and Greece multiple times, and can speak to what a good mixed grill can be. in a word, succulent. How this is top 3 in Bethesda speaks to a flawed rating system on T.A. IMHO. Top 50, okay, I'll give you that, but top 3, sorry no way.

Frederick, MD
“Delicious lunch”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

13 May 13: I met a friend for lunch today. It was our first time to Kabob Bazaar. From reading some of the reviews and the very reasonable menu prices, I was expecting a hole-in-the-wall kind of place. I was pleasantly surprised at the interior, which provided a comfortable atmosphere for our lunch.

I ordered the Chicken Soltani combo, which came with one Kubideh (minced meat) and one chicken skewer. I ordered it with rice ($11.75). You can order with bread for $11.25, but why bother? Bread is served at the table with a yogurt dip. My friend had a vegetarian combo, which included a taboli salad, hummus, and falafel patties ($7.45).

Everything was very good. The meat and chicken were tender and flavorful.

I would definitely return here and in fact it would be a great place for a group lunch or dinner party.