“Solid Persian in the city of Bethesda” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kabob Bazaar

Kabob Bazaar
Ranked #20 of 340 Restaurants in Bethesda
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Norfolk Street
Transit: One block from Bethesda Metro station
Description: An Iranian restaurant serving Persian cosine. Beef,chicken,lamb, and seafood kabobs served with Basmati rice , tandoori bread, and salads. A lots of vegetarian and low carb choices. We serve wine and beer. One of the highlights of this restaurant is the daily specials.
New York City, New York
“Solid Persian in the city of Bethesda”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Quality food in a fine atmosphere with very good service. I ate the house soup - some type of lentil with dumplings - good stuff. They brought me a big basket of bread with a bunch of raw greens and yogurt sauce - alright! For a main, I ate a lamb/chicken kebab combo with salad - my only complaint is that the salad was overdressed and that left a good deal of liquid on the plate.

All in all - solid choice...

T'man '12

• Visited December 2012

Severn, Maryland
“Surprisingly Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We actually ordered carry-out from here - it was very good, particularly the kabobs! There was more food than I expected, & it tasted almost as good the next day. I'd eat here again, except that I think I'd eat in next time.

• Visited November 2012
Kemblesville, Pennsylvania
“More than expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The outside of this place looks like any tacky little fast food kabob house in any city. The interior was closer to upscale casual than fast food. The smells were so enticing. The service was impeccable. At moments we had 3 servers simultaneously filling our water, placing bread on the table and delivering drinks and we were on ly two people! The food was so fresh and delicious. It was well priced and cooked to order. For authentic and delicious Persian quisine, I recommend highly. My husband had a lamb and beef plate with rice and I had lamb with salad preceded by the soup of the day which was pumpkin with chicken. Yum! Go!

Visited November 2012
Parkland, Florida
“Very good appetizers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We went for an early dinner and we were pleased. The hummus appetizer was phenomenal - highly recommended. We also ordered stuffed grape leaves which were among the best I have ever eaten - served warm and very delicious. The bread left a little to be desired - it was a bit dry. I get that they toast it and it isn't supposed to be super soft, but it kind of tasted old. The entrees were of mixed taste. My kids shared the ground meat kabob and a caesar salad and said they were excellent. My husband ordered the cornish hen kabob and said it was ok, not great. I think he prefers something more flavorful (it seemed bland if you judge by the amount of salt he used). My daughter and I each got the chicken breast kabob - if I had realized how much food it was, we probably would have shared. It too was nothing special - you could see it was quality food, large vegetables and large pieces of chicken, but it was also bland. I felt like I needed to add a sauce. Still, it was reasonably priced and the hummus was so authentic. I would go back for that and for the grape leaves, but that's about it. Also, there is no kids menu so be prepared if that is something that is important to you. Mine did OK due to the flexibility with the side dishes (my son wanted a salad and my daughter wanted the ground beef, so they were able to make it into one dish).

• Visited October 2012
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,819 helpful votes
“Great find in Bethesa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This place serves tasty, reasonably priced Persian food with friendly, attentive service. There was live music on a Saturday night. We shared very good platters of tender lamb and rice and a sweet and sour chicken stew. They also give you greens and radishes with yogurt dressing and pita slices. We finished with hot Persian tea. An excellent dinner for under $30. You cannot go wrong eating at this terrific restaurant.

Visited October 2012