“Great Persian and Middle Eastern Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kabob Bazaar

Kabob Bazaar
Ranked #44 of 358 Restaurants in Bethesda
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Norfolk Street
Transit: One block from Bethesda Metro station
Description: An Iranian restaurant serving Persian cosine. Beef,chicken,lamb, and seafood kabobs served with Basmati rice , tandoori bread, and salads. A lots of vegetarian and low carb choices. We serve wine and beer. One of the highlights of this restaurant is the daily specials.
Miami, Florida
“Great Persian and Middle Eastern Food”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I love Persian soups, and Kabob Bazaar's Persian noodle soup is even better than at my Persian restaurant at home. The basket bread and yogurt dip served to start off the meal is accompanied by garden fresh herbs. I'm a vegetarian and can't personally vouch for the meat and poultry dishes, but my dinner companions definitely were pleased with theirs, and I had plenty of options with regard to items I could eat and enjoy.

Visited September 2012

Silver Spring, Maryland
“Delicious and Delicate Flavour”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

A really good choice when in Bethesda...The food is delicioius...we shared a combination appetizer...and then I had the combination Chciken Kabob/ Kubideh....the flavours were subtle and wonderful....Baklava for dessert was light and flaky...just the right hint of cinnamon...I can't wait to go back....the Atmosphere is very casual and the staff easy going and frinedly.

• Visited October 2012
“Persian treat”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Although there are tables out on the Wisconsin Ave sidewalk, we went inside, where we were greeted by some jazzy electric piano riffs by the local musician. I had swordfish kebobs, which were delicious, and the rice is to die for. We asked how it got so fluffy, and were told its because of the multiple washings. We also had a tasty egg plant dish, and lamb kebob with veggies, which was good. The wine didn't come until half way through the meal, but perhaps Iranians don't normally drink wine? Most customers looked like they were from the region, which is a good sign.

• Visited October 2012
Bergen County NJ
“Perisan Food and Hospitality At Its Best”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I love it when you call the restaurant for reservation and the guy on the other end makes you feel like he knows you all his life. That is how I felt when I called to make a reservation for a table for 6 for a late lunch on a Friday. The guy, Behrooz, was friendly, familiar, and polite at the same time. Took my reservation and assured me that the food will be good.

It wasn't just good, it was great. We had Kebobs, stews, appetizers, soups, and the bread - oh heavenly, hot out of the oven freshly baked bread, and lots of it.

The sum is, six people ate hearty food, caught up over Doogh and tea for a couple of hours and all for the price of a single meal in Manhattan.

I definitely recommend this place for any occasion. I might see you there, as I intend to eat there any time I am in DC.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank PersianOldMan
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Swordfish Kabob”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Oh, this place was tasty. The aroma when you walk in is devine. The tables were linen-and-glass-topped within a nice setting. I was there with several colleagues, but would consider it a fine spot for a romantic, casual evening out, too. The service was very nice, and the food rather tasty. The swordfish kabob was good, the hummus was very garlicky, the grape leaves got great reviews from a colleague, and the baklava was good, although I've had better (not a lot of honey in this one). Overall, I would definitely go back. I want to try more on the menu - it all looked really delicious.

Visited September 2012