“Great French food”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cordell Avenue
Transit: Stops 3-4 Blocks from Bethesda Metro!
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We went to dine at this restaurant and we liked the food very much. My husband and I had fish ( trout and salmon) and both were delicious, salads were fresh and the tart with ice cream was also delicious. The food is a little pricey but French food is usually is. I will recommend the place.

2  Thank daisyBethesda

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Marriage is a wonderful thing when friends and family gather from across the country to celebrate your wedding. So those that came, 27 we treated to brunch after the wedding at Woodend Audubon Sanctuary at Brasserie Monte Carlo in Bethesda, MD. The restaurant is small, but nicely decorated. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful and the food was outstanding. I had the fish dinner which was excellent. I would highly recommend Monte Carlo for a romantic dinner, a small group gathering or like us, for a wedding reception brunch as long as the size of the party wasn't much larger than our gathering. The only negative thing was that you had to do street parking which means meters. One in our party let theirs expire and had to play a $100 ticket!

1  Thank WLifeMan
Reviewed August 18, 2013

When I approached the restaurant, it didn't look like the food would be the best. From the outside, I was almost ready to turn around. However, the inside was descent, so we stayed. Everything was excellent in this place from the hot bread down to the tiramisu. We ordered the butternut-squash soup, onion soup. (Excellent), Rockfish (Excellent), Codfish (Excellent) ... this dish contained eggplant .... I DON'T EVEN LIKE EGGPLANT NOR COD Fish (my guest ordered it and I tried some), but now I will say that I like it depending on how it's made. Great chef. I didn't have any issues with the service, however, I went this month and my server was new. Maybe the previous server that people are commenting on was fired, who knows. Service was good, items came out on time. The bread was so hot, our server told us to wait for it to cool down (I've never had bread that fresh!!!, so good). The MOZZARELLA cheese in the onion soup was so good... so good I had to call it Muzzarella. lol. The tiramiusu was home made and "spot on"!!!! This place is a must go to!! You have to be able to appreciate "fresh ingredients" to seriously enjoy the food the way I did. I would recommend this place to anyone. The food was absolutely delicious from start to finish. Spot on. YES CHEF!!!!

2  Thank Chris W
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We were a party of 6. We had to wait for 30 minutes to get a glass of water. There was one person taking care of all of the tables. We asked 4 times for a basket of bread and it took us 2 hours to get our food. We will never go back.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

My boyfriend & I bought a Groupon on a whim, and went to Brassiere Monte Carlo for the first time. Outside, we weren't very impressed, since the exterior looked somewhat run-down & outdated for this trendy Bethesda neighborhood. Inside, however, was a completely different story! It was rather small & charming, with a window that wrapped all the way around the corner, a white tablecloth & a flower on every table, and an original mural on the wall. Service was polite and attentive, but not intrusive. Surprisingly for a Friday night, we were the only customers there, but that may be since it was a holiday weekend. My boyfriend enjoyed the fillet mignon, I enjoyed the salmon, & we both enjoyed the rose wine & fabulous chocolate mousse cake!