“Though noisy atmosphere, an enjoyable evening.”
Review of Food Wine and Co. - CLOSED

Food Wine and Co.
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Bethesda Metro
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Seating was quick though service was a bit slow on this busy evening. Heirloom pizza good, calamari appetizer was made excellent with sauce. Wide variety of beers made selection of beverage difficult; bartender came to rescue. Unusually busy evening caused significant amount of noise in the room.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Just had lunch at this place (new to me in Bethesda; I don't know how long it's been there. I ordered a diver scallop salad. The scallops were about the size of four quarters, stacked -- no exaggeration. That they were so thin must be the explanation for why they were so overcooked. There were five. There was no point in even cutting them in half. Then pretty basic salad greens and some nuts. $19. The waiter was not attentive and didn't get our order right. I couldn't get his attention to get another drink. But the busboys, who are not making much, WERE paying attention. I wanted my tip to go to them. I'll know better next time. ANd I'll go elsewhere. Won't be trying here again.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I went to this restaurant as family was in from out of town and they were staying at the Bethesda Hyatt (about 2 blocks away). It was a Saturday night, and we got a late reservation, but they have a really large and nice bar, where we hung out and had drinks and really good appetizers. They got us a table for 8, and the server was excellent. Everyone liked their food, and the wine list was very long. I was very happy with my seafood entree, and my wife was happy with her dinner. Several of us then had the very delicious chocolate bread pudding (I am glad we shared, as it was a large dessert). It is a noisy place, especially by the bar, but some areas are quieter and good for group meals.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Friends introduced us to Food and Wine Company. The reviews were good but we had a wait-and-see attitude. We enjoyed our meal and the wines. I had the charred octopus which was wonderful followed by the diver scallop salad. The rest of our group were pleased with their ceviche, beet salad, and hamachi salad. The wine list had a good balance of reasonably-priced and expensive wines. The place was crowded on a Friday night but we were able to have a good conversation untroubled by the noise in our booth. That our waiter was very knowledgeable about wines and regaled us with stories about the South African wines we had was a bonus. Validated parking was available in the building. We will be back!

Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised at the wonderful evening we had here. We had a reservation and were seated immediately. Our waiter made us feel like we were his most important table-- but I'm sure he made all of his tables feel like that.

Our dinners, appetizers and dessert were all A+'s ! There were 5 of us and we were all thrilled with our experience. The presentation, flavors, cocktails and service were fabulous. It's our new go-to place to take people out to eat.

Also-- to give you an idea as to the service, a member of our party had a question for our waiter about her order of muscles. The chef, Michael Harr, himself, came out to our table to answer it! He was warm and friendly. We learned that yes,, you can eat the muscles with closed shells--- but never if the shells are closed before cooking.

I'd go back tomorrow night! I recommend the Parmesan fries!