“Late lunch was so good i can't wait to return for dinner”
Review of Food Wine and Co. - CLOSED

Food Wine and Co.
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Bethesda Metro
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Great menu, knowledgeable server, excellent portions, great location... Really enjoyed every aspect of the meal. Can't complain about any of it

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have been to this restaurant many times. Last night we arrived for our 8:15 reservations and what a mess! There were gobs of people crowded around the maitre de. Not a good sign. People with reservations for 7:30 had still not gotten seated. There seemed to be chaos going on and the best excuse I was able to get was that they couldn't ask people to leave their tables. Why not? If people have finished their meals, and are spending an overly long time lingering while people with reservations are waiting for 45 or more minutes, than I say that they should politely ask those diners lingering to leave. Am I wrong? We have not had this experience in the past but we ended up leaving because we saw the writing on the wall. Hope they fixed whatever went wrong last night because if it happens again, we won't go back.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I was part of a group of 8 that enjoyed dinner recently at F&W. It was on a Friday night, so the place was quite busy. That said, the service was outstanding all night long, and the food was very good. To start, we had the tater tots, artichokes and a pizza. I think everyone ordered a different main course, including various specials (lamb, rabbit, monkfish). We shared a couple of desserts. At the end of the night, the total bill came out to about $150 per couple to include all food, drinks, tips etc. A lot of that was drinks. If we cut back on the booze, the price would have been considerably lower. All in all, a great night and definitely a place I'd recommend.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have been there a few times now and can't decide if it is a neat, neighborhood place with a nice beer list and some fun food, or if it is a crowded, over-hyped, trendy place that I am going to get sick of sooner rather than later. Always crowded, so make reservations or go early to get a spot at the bar. The food never quite ends up as being as good as I think it should be. Most recently we had the tator tots, deviled eggs, and 30 min chicken. The tator tots were good, but could have been a bit crispier, the deviled eggs were blah and the chicken was juicy but too salty. I will probably give the place a couple of more tries because I want to like it, but we'll see. There are better places to go in Bethesda.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I live in the immediate area and have been to FW&C many times for lunch and (mostly) dinner. The food is consistently great and the service is usually very good also ( twice not so much with very inattentive service). Decor is nice without being pretentious, noise level is energetic. Semi-private room in the back area is gorgeous and perfect for small parties.