“Friendly Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Food Wine and Co. - CLOSED

Food Wine and Co.
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Wine Bar, International
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Bethesda Metro
Charlotte
“Friendly Service”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We happened into Food Wine &Co for lunch mid afternoon. The decor was beautiful and service was great. The ham and cheese sandwich ($10) served with hand cut chips was amazing, Cuban Sandwich ($12) was excellent as well! We would definitely return to eat here next time we are in DC.

• Visited September 2012

Bethesda, Maryland, United States
“Great atmosphere. Nice wine list.”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I recently had dinner at this local restaurant, and was wowed by its transformation from the former pizza joint that had previously occupied the space. Lively and attractive, it offers a great wine list and environment for enjoying it.

In all fairness to Food Wine and Co., I have a gluten allergy, so my assessment is a bit skewed from those able to enjoy the pizza and burgers. I had wanted the chicken, but was informed that it would take 45 minutes to prepare...while I certainly appreciate the "roasted to order" concept, I was just too hungry to wait and opted for the pork steak. This arrived beautifully plated, and while the flavor was nice, the meat was a bit too fatty and tough. Perfectly paired with amazing roasted sweet potato and a delightful kale and goat cheese salad, I was able to get enough to eat.

The dessert menu was mouth-watering, combining flavors that begged sampling. But, when I reiterated to the server that I had a gluten allergy, I was a bit taken aback when he responded "You could always cheat." I say this only because of other GF diners that may want to take extra precautions that their server truly understands food allergies and the repercussions.

• Visited January 2013
various
“Good food, strained service”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We went to eat before taking in a play in a nearby theater. FW&C has an interesting beer and wine list and the food was quite good. I had the roasted beets appetizer (really excellent) and the lamb burger (also very tasty). But the service seemed a bit strained in an effort to be "friendly" and "knowledgeable." The kicker was that we found an excellent 2008 Malbec for $34 but the waiter tried to talk us out of it, suggesting we pay for another "10 times better" for "only" another $17. Nevertheless we ordered it. Then he came back and told us it was a printing error but we could have the 2011 for $34. Bait and switch or honest error? If the latter, the correct thing to do would have been to have the 2008 for the price listed. Good food, strained service.

• Visited December 2012
Bethesda, Maryland
“Love the beer flight options”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Have enjoyed Food, Wine & Co a few times before movies. Although it has become very popular, the service is always excellent. Great beer selections and I particularly like the beer flight options- great way to try 4 new beers if you're a commitment phobe or want to try something new.

Soup always good and salads are fine. The cheese and meat board is a nice pairing for wine or as a snack.

• Visited November 2012
Kensington, Maryland
“Pork Belly Sandwich!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The pork belly sandwich and homemade chips are the best. This place has a good wine selection despite the stupid Montgomery county alcohol regulations. The place is a treat, not really for kids. Nice date night location that can be pricy. It is worth it, and the atmosphere is nice too.

Visited August 2012