“Yamas Is A Home Away From Home”
Review of Yamas Mediterranean Grill - CLOSED

Yamas Mediterranean Grill
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Yamas is consistently good and I went there today for lunch with a friend from work. Parking is usually pretty easy at this end of Bethesda - a welcome relief from the usual hunt in downtown Bethesda. We love coming to Yamas. My friend loves the gyro with their Opa! Fries - with spices and feta cheese these fries are really delish and different. I ordered my favorite which is pork souvlaki and that is very tasty as well. We were starving so we also had hummus appetizer which of course comes with fresh warm pita. You get your choice of whole wheat or white pita at Yamas. The food here is oriented to healthy - grass fed beef and lamb, lots of veggie options, and the atmosphere is always warm and friendly. Not surprising this restaurant is never empty but there always seems to be room for you. Head there and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We like coming to Yamas. The lamb burger is amazing and worth it just for a taste of that. What's not so good is if you use a Groupon, which we did last night. There were only three choices of entree...Moussaka (meat or veggie) and fish. Neither the meat moussaka nor the fish was wonderful. The side of roasted potatoes was the star. The secret at Yamas is to not use a Groupon or other coupon, and to splurge on the regular menu. You can't go wrong. The dips are pretty good although the Feta with Jalapeno was overly spicey and not one I'd pick again.

This visit was a little disappointing. We'll try again down the road from the regular menu.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Our family likes our greek food. We came here for a casual birthday dinner and the place was mostly filled for a large party. We were a party of 8 so there was no room for us. We walked out and were going to go somewhere else. The manager came outside after us to see if we wanted to sit outside and he would create some tables for us. We were hungry so we said sure. We sat under the grape leaf canopy which was nice but we were on the sidewalk in the front overlooking some cars. Oh well.

We had a hodge podge of apps. The Dolmas were great. Hummus yummy and creamy. The greek french fries with feta were awesome. The apps were so filling that I ended up not ordering a meal. Unfortunately the fries came out with a hair in them but the manager quickly brought us another plate of them plus an extra carafe of wine and a couple free appetizers. My FIL had the lamb shank--so tender, falling off the bone. My MIL had the chicken kabob and she loved it. My husband had the Moussaka. It was ok. I have had better. My complaint was that I did not see Pastichio on the menu.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Yamas is a great little Mediterranean/Greek restaurant near the Bethesda Metro and should not be missed by those wanting a quick, delicious, and healthy meal at a great price. All of the dips at Yamas from the spicy hummus to the eggplant spread are fantastic and a great additions to the sandwiches or as sold in take away containers. I had the veggie wrap sandwich with falafel, which was fantastic! Unlike the greasy falafel offered up at places such as Amsterdam in the District, Yamas' sandwich was well put together with awesome toppings and truly fresh vegetables.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I was in the mood for a Mousaka but somehow I missed it on the menu so I've order the Yamas gyro & baklava. The meat was over cook & dry even with the Tzatziki sauce on it. The baklava was drowing in sauce.