New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Small but Great” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yamas Mediterranean Grill

Yamas Mediterranean Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Yamas Mediterranean Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #87 of 347 Restaurants in Bethesda
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Washington DC
“Small but Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Everything at Yamas is great- salads, burgers and traditional mediterranean fare. Cute little tables outside,and inside is homey as well.

Visited August 2013

Judsonia, AR
“Always a great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Always stop in when I'm here every month. Great food and atmosphere. I have traveled to three islands in Greece and it is really close. You want to experience Grecian cuisine try it out.

Visited May 2013
Bethesda, MD
“Don't go on a Saturday night”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Just returned home after walking out of this place. Yes, it's Saturday night and yes, they were busy. But I ordered a gyro (see 11/5 review) and was truly looking forward to it being as good as the one I had a few months ago. The gyro meat is carved off a vertical spit and put in pita with tomatoes and onions. A half hour later, still no gyro. People elsewhere being served, some who came in after us. Perhaps it was our server. But 30 minutes for a gyro is unacceptable. Unrelated to the irritating delay, the place was puzzlingly warm. It was a cold night but I first removed my sweater, then my long sleeved shirt, and I still felt uncomfortable.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Bethesda, Maryland
“A Neighborhood Standby with Great Greek Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

When in Bethesda with guests new to the area, I always take them to Yamas for lunch and they're never disappointed. I've been patronizing the restaurant since it opened and have had just about everything on the menu. My faves include the moussaka (best I've ever had!), the kids' sliders, 3-veggie combo, spanikopita, salads, lentil soup...the list goes on. Their new pizzas are delicious too! We often order take-out and it's true - their online ordering stinks, so just call instead.

Ellicott City, MD
“Affordable Greek Food in Bethesda!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

If you are looking for great tasting food at an affordable price in Bethesda, then you must try Yamas Mediteranean Grill. The gyro is my usual staple at Yamas but today I had the rice bowl with pork souvlaki for lunch and it was excellent. I did start off with the Yamas Fries, french fries with feta cheese, and it was awesome. Every time I walk out of Yamas very satisfied with money left in my wallet. You can not beat that combination!

• Visited January 2013