“After a long time, gave it another chance & glad we did”

Yamas Mediterranean Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Yamas Mediterranean Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 373 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went a couple times just after they opened and was not impressed. Tried again recently and things have improved. Alina was our server and she was great. My wife loved the grilled calamari which is a pleasant change from the typically fried cephalopods. A horiatiki salad was the right temperature though I'd bet the tomatoes were not Campari's as billed on the menu. Feta was a little mild and could have used more purple onion. The half chicken was good enough and Opa fries (with feta) were cooked right.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

recent lunch. has the gyro. very good. made with real meat, not processed. a bit pricey, but thats d.c. for you.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I had the Lamb Burger Platter and an order of the Opa Fries. I also asked and paid for the Roasted Vegetable Orzo Platter, which I never received. Because I ordered delivery to my hotel during Hurricane Sandy, I decided not to make a big fuss about the Vegetable Platter.

The Lamb Burger was decent. The Opa Fries were plentiful, however there was nothing special about them. Stringy, greasy fries with a ton of feta cheese on top. Heartburn Heaven.

Due to the storm, I will give credit to the delivery driver that made his way to the hotel. Because of this, I gave Yamas an Average rating. Otherwise, I would give them a Poor rating, especially because they forgot to bring me an item that I ordered.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

better than a fast food place, but not as good or special as a sit down restaurant. Salads are fresh and tasty. we typically grab something to go and sit in the park.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Our waitress was patient and brought the food quickly as we were starving. Hummus was definitely homemade and whole wheat pita fresh. Loved the gyro which was a combination of beef and lamb and very tasty and enough for 2 people. Reasonably priced and clean.