“Great location, nice rooms”

Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
London, United Kingdom
“Great location, nice rooms”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Reception : The reception staff were welcoming and informative.

Room : My room was really nice. There was a flat screen tv, 2 x queen beds, a good desk and chair if you need to do some work, a nice coffee machine (that was for free) and a clean bathroom. My bed was very comfortable too! The bathroom was clean and tidy but I am not a fan of material shower curtains.

Breakfast room : The breakfast was disappointing. I found that the croissants were stale on more than one occasion. I tried a cooked meal too and that was just bland and not very nice. It is nearly $15 for breakfast which I did not find great value for money. The service is also a bit disappointing.

Internet, WIFi was for free and there was always great connection so that part was fantastic.

I'd go back again for sure.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Arabic first
Maryland
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We had booked this hotel to provide lodging and access to center city for a charity half marathon our daughter was running in. The accommodations were fine, but for us somewhat expensive although we understand DC prices. It is located about a block from the Metro station which got us downtown in about 20 minutes.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

New York
Reviewed April 29, 2014

My husband and I have just returned from spending a long weekend (4 nights) at this hotel while we played "tourists" in Washington DC. We drove down from New York Thursday evening, parked the car in the convenient on site garage ($15 per day) and were checked in quickly.

Our room was spacious and comfortable, with a king- sized"sleep number" bed and plenty of bath linens. We enjoyed being able to walk to both the metro into DC (about a 20 min. ride into the city, depending on what station you are going to) and to the many excellent restaurants that are near the hotel. We spent each day walking MILES to the sites and views in DC (wear only your most comfortable and supportive shoes!) and were happy to come "home" to this comfortable hotel in the evening. A quick change and we were out the door to restaurants in walking distance, then "home" early to get our feet up! The one and only disappointment of our stay was we had hoped to watch a movie each evening and the hotel carries NO paid movie channels. Just network TV, that's it.

We had done some research on DC sites/museums before we traveled and were glad we did because the hotel had very little printed material on anything in DC. However, when we asked if they might have materials somewhere we hadn't seen yet, the front desk staff member spent a full ten minutes with us, sharing and reviewing maps, giving recommendations, sharing best metro stops for each attraction.She was lovely; very professional and helpful.

Breakfast at the hotel is pricy - $30 plus tip for two. We found a Dunkin Donuts at the metro station for a quick bagel each morning.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We stayed in the hotel for 6 nights. Perfect location, specially for easy accessibility to the better dining venues. Service was excellent. Bathrooms desperately need updating. Totally "unfriendly" to female travellers with the sad lack of good lighting and mirrors. Impossible to get ready for business meetings if one can't see one's face! Availability of kettles for rooms would have been a plus. Parking slots were terribly narrow.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank WEQueen
NewJersey
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My daughter and I checked into the Hilton Garden Inn on April 14th. We had been visiting a nearby college and chose the hotel based on the reviews I read online. We were not disappointed. We were greeted at the front desk by Samantha who could not have been any nicer! She checked us in quickly and was very helpful and pleasant. We asked about going to visit some sites in DC and she pulled out a map and directed us to exactly where we needed to go. The metro was nearby and we had no problems navigating with her map in hand. As others have mentioned the elevator requires a room key to use which is a nice security feature. Our room was clean and comfortable. I've had more than my share of bad hotel coffee, so I was thrilled to see a Keurig in the room. Yes, the pool is small but we did go for about an hour and there was no one else there (except the lifeguard) so it was plenty big enough for us. I found the staff at this hotel extremely friendly and polite. Every person I ran into said Hello or offered to help. Even on the way out of the parking lot in the pouring rain the guard came over to help me swipe my room key (no glasses on!) with a big smile on his face. If I find myself in this area again I will definitely stay at the Hilton Garden Inn again. Thank you for your wonderful service!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank cerj2
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Hotel location works for walking booming Bethesda and closeness to Metro. Room is standard issue--extra blanket provided and necessary. Pool is coffee-cup size, but after expressing dismay at its scale and limited hours, i was offered a day pass to a terrific health club within walking distance. Made a huge difference in the quality of my stay. Helpful desk management a thumbs up.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Boston
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I have stayed here twice recently - it is definitely the best priced option if you want a decent business level hotel in this expensive area. The service is excellent. Rooms could be a bit more modern and light and airy and the restaurant was really poor the 1st time I went so I did not eat there the 2nd time (extremely slow service and not that great). They had some nice perks this time, a coupon for a free drink at the bar, and they also sell 'grab bags' of snacks/breakfast which are generous for what you pay. Overall, a good option and I will probably stay here again next time I am working in the area.

Room Tip: I would go high up. There is a fair amount of construction going on around here!