“Clean, Modern, and Friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda

Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Clean, Modern, and Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed at Hilton Garden Inn for a holiday, and room prices were very reasonable. The staff were very knowledgable and efficient. The room was clean and included desk, two comfy chairs, and the usual amenities-pool, gym, restaurant/bar, parking garage. The only downside to this hotel is the size of the gym (four machines in total and a few free weights). The holiday package included breakfast, a buffet with hot food, cereal, fruit, and pastry/breads with juice bar and coffee. The location is close to the metro, restaurants off of Wisconsin Ave (we tried Food, Wine, & Co one block away), and a movie theatre. I will gladly return to this hotel if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

My family and I stay at the Hill Garden Inn in Bethesda a lot. We always have a great experience and the staff is incredibly generous and accommodating. We return year-after-year and will continue to do so. Additionally, the hotel is very well located, in walking distance to the metro, shops and restaurants.

Redmond, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Any time you need to stay near the north-end of the beltway, this is a great and reasonably priced alternative. ~5 minute walk from the Bethesda metro stop and the same distance from the Medical Center. There is a limited selection of dining close by which would be my only negative comment.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is my favourite place to stay while in Bethesda. I have has little or no issues with them as far as the accommodation and reception is concerned. Not a fan of their breakfast though. I take breakfast at one of the several good restaurants in the area. They are very accommodating of late check-outs as well.
I have had consistently good experience with this particular Hilton over the last few years.

Room Tip: High floor rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sahsasia
Seattle, WA, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

In Feb. 2014 we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, Bethesda, MD, an area well known to us, while waiting 12 nights for movers to bring our household from Seattle WA. The Hotel is surrounded by excellent shopping and scores of high level restaurants (do make reservations!) In spite of wonderful and very friendly staff we could not get our room warm during the FEB POLAR VORTEX weather in Bethesda, MD. The window unit HVAC needs to be redone, as not only did it not warm our room, but was constantly, and noisily going on and off, a poor thermostating control issue, which kept us cold and awake on many mights. Would be the same on hot summer nights.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Boston,MA, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Any time the heat came on there was an awful smell like musty old smoke, which was a problem because 3 of the 4 guests in my room were asthmatics. Improper lighting in the handicap bathroom. No exhaust fan and bad drainage. Location was good 2 blocks from Metro. Breakfast was so expensive and all of the yogurt was out of code and the creamers were spoiled. Only one type of cut fruit to choose from. Not much selection for $15. Night staff was great. Day staff was awful. Pillows were awful. Had to fold over to get any support.

Henderson, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I was at this property for two weeks while recovering from surgery ( I live out of state). The staff was wonderfully accommodating to my special needs, providing extra pillows to elevate my arms, housekeeping went above and beyond to help. The hotel even called me at home to inquire about some foodstuffs I had had to abandon due to lack of packing space. The restaurant was helpful, allowing me to take ceramic mugs to my room as I can't abide drinking out of paper/plastic/styrofoam if it can be avoided. They also let me take a salt/pepper shakers and a set of utensils to keep in my room. I only ate breakfast there once, I felt it was overpriced as I can only eat a little in the mornings, but that was my choice. The food was good and selection was more than adequate, protein, fruit and carbs all available. My daughter and I ate dinner there a time or two and while not on a par with Ruth's Chris or Morton's (both a short walk away), we enjoyed the food and didn't have to go out in the snow. Definitely take advantage of the appetizers at happy hour.. for me, they make a meal. The only reason I am not giving this property 5 stars is the continuing issue I had with getting wifi on my cellphone in my room. I'd go down to the front desk to talk to the staff about it and it would work perfectly.. back in my room.. rarely available. Thank goodness I also had my Kindle. I am considering more surgery in the DC area in the future and I would not hesitate to return to this hotel for my post-op recovery. THEY DO NOT PROVIDE NURSING CARE...but come very very close. :)

Room Tip: I'm rating Kids activities & Spa as average as I didn't use these options. I feel avera...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethesda
Hyatt Regency Bethesda
Bethesda Marriott Suites
#2 of 11 in Bethesda
Upper Northwest
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chevy Chase Pavilion

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda? Share your experiences!