Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda
Bethesda Marriott(Bethesda)
  • Room Service
Casa de Emma(Bethesda)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom keymetro stationfront desk staffparking garagewithin walking distanceconvenient locationrestaurants and shoppingtwo blockspleasant staybusiness tripupon checkyogurtbusiness centereasy accessfitness centercookiesper day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Stayed in Bethesda this past fall for a business trip: I'm an IT guy, and we needed to update a bunch of computers in our Bethesda office. Being only 4 blocks away, it was a great choice.

The things that most impressed me were the cleanliness, the service, and the location. The hotel is only a block from the main drag in Bethesda, Wisconsin Ave. There are over 200 restaurants within walking distance, and my only regret is that I did not have enough time to try them all. It was convenient enough to eat breakfast in the hotel, which was a bit pricey, but very well done and tasty. They had everything you wanted at the breakfast buffet: Eggs, breakfast meats, waffle station, potatoes, cereal, yogurt, bagels, and a choice of juices. I was able to load up on carbs for my long days in the office.

The hotel is only two blocks from the metro stop, so you can take the Metro into DC if needed. As mentioned, you can walk to dozens of restaurants, which we did. If I were to come back for a vacation, I think I'd stay in Bethesda and take the Metro into town to see the sights, then come back to Bethesda for dinner.

All contacts with the staff were excellent, and our needs were taken care of. They even held my luggage on my last day of work, so I was able to get some work done at the office, then come back and pick up my luggage and meet my shuttle for the airport. Well done, one and all!

Room Tip: Very little street noise, so no worries about room location.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Chanelle L, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear DisneyKahuna,

Thank you so much for your kind remarks and sharing your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Bethesda. We really appreciate your in depth comments.

The Hilton Garden Inn Bethesda has one of the largest buffets in the Bethesda area. In addition to the food offered on the buffet, cooked-to-order items such as omelets, breakfast sandwiches, and french toast are also available and included in the price of the buffet.

We have a great package that would be perfect for your DC tour trip. Book our DC Sightseeing package which includes Big Bus tour tickets, metro passes, and more for your vacation getaway. Please feel free to contact me directly with assistance.

We look forward to your return to the hotel.

wasbt-ds@hilton.com

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stay at a lot of hotels and the devil is in the details. Whether it's a noisy room, a carpet stain, a loose shower fitting or some other tiny thing that leaves an impression that folks are not paying attention to the customers or the facility - I have not found that here. The staff are pleaseant, the rooms are darn near perfect and the breakfast bar is well appointed and clean. It's quiet and just steps away from the metro and great restaurants. You just can't beat this hotel for value, service and convienence.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Chanelle L, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear David,

Thank you for your much appreciated comments. The Hilton Garden Inn Bethesda staff works hard to consistently provide our guests above and beyond service. I am so happy to hear that we were able to meet those expectations during your stays with us.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to your return.

wasbt_ds@hitlon.com

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Spent a week here on business. The staff are excellent. The rooms are clean and well appointed. Location is 3 blocks from metro. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. For 150 a night I was very pleased. I've tried to stay here other times and the prices were alot higher and I didn't feel it was worth it. But if you can get a good price under 200-- you will be very pleased.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Chanelle L, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Carbonbeing:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience about your recent stay. I am so glad that we was able to have you as our guest. We look forward to your return in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly for assistance with future reservations.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were happy with our experience at this property. It appeared to be very well maintained and had very convenient parking. Staff was friendly and attentive. Cooked to order breakfast was slow. I would return to this HGI.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The hotel is nice, attractive; the front desk staff on checkin couldn't figure out my account; couldn't get my parking straight; couldn't' get my breakfast coupons straight. The room was quite nice; the pool small, but nice The dining option was not good. Breakfast was good; but dinner was NOT good--food was not prepared well; the wait staff couldn't figure out the menu. Fortunately, there are plenty dining options within a couple blocks of the hotel

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple