Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda
$207
$186
$339
  • Breakfast included
Bethesda Marriott Suites(Bethesda)(Great Value!)
$239
$215
  • Restaurant
$119
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
Courtyard by Marriott Chevy Chase(Chevy Chase)(Great Value!)
$259
Hotels.com
$298
$263
$172
$135
$97
All reviewsroom keymetro stationfront desk staffparking garagewithin walking distanceconvenient locationrestaurants and shoppingtwo blockspleasant staybusiness tripupon checkyogurtbusiness centereasy accessfitness centercookiesper day
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is a great hotel. My two kids and I stayed here as a base for exploring the Smithsonian museums. Our rate included parking and breakfast for all of us (standard hot/cold hotel breakfast, nothing special, included a waffle machine which my son liked). There was no charge for wifi (which was good, handled netflix watching, except during peak times) or a rollaway bed. No movies for sale on the TV that I could find. We didn't check out the pool. Everything was spacious, clean and comfortable. The area isn't that exciting, not like there are many shops, although there was an awesome yarn store (not for everyone!) and a nearby restaurant, Food, Wine & Co, was OUTSTANDING. The Metro station was a block away, and it was a 25 minute ride to the National Mall area, with one change. The trains came every few minutes - super convenient. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting DC.

Room Tip: We had room 806, didn't hear a sound from anywhere, uninspiring view to the east over a parking garage. Very nice. Climate control easy to operate and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Was looking for a hotel to stay in Bethesda. Scoped out the usual offerings online for something reasonably affordable. I tend to read Trip Advisor reviews when I think a price is to good to be true. I was able to book this room for only $100 at a moments notice. I saw where the location was and I knew if anything, we already had a winner on our hand just from the address. It's only 3 blocks from Bethesda metro. We're talking Wisconsin Ave which has a bunch of restaurants and stores since it's the main strip. The parking was only $15. That is not a typo, only $15. I ended up parking somewhere else in the neighborhood but I highly recommend using their space. Hard to beat for the price.
I didn't eat at their restaurants but it looks good inside and the main bar is busy on the weekends. They do have a small swimming pool where the deepest level is like 3 1/2 feet. But it's better than nothing and it's indoors. I like that they have dumbells in their fitness center. They make good with their space with this machine that allows you to do a multitude of exercises. Get this...they have a guest laundry. I mean really, unless you demand marble pillars and mahogany furniture, this is the place to stay that has all your needs covered. Perfect for business travelers and family friendly as well. Service was awesome and you can buy from their little mini mart 24 hours a day. Staying here definitely left a good impression. Trust me, I don't dole out 5 stars that much.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank urban_kowboy
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Convenient location, 2 blocks from a collection of restaurants and bars. Definitely a good location for someone unfamiliar with the area. Was given a welcome bag of 2 waters and trailmix upon arrival...which was a nice surprise as usually you wish you had a bottle of water in your room that didn't have to come out of the mini bar. There was an empty fridge and coffee maker/coffee for the morning. The "view" basically wasn't there...stayed on 13th fl. and had a view of parking lots and buildings nearby. The hallway on the 13th fl. smelled like gas, which I was told was from the kitchen...They offered to switch out our room with another but our room smelled fine and we stayed put. Later in the day the hallway smell was gone. Was give a coupon for a free drink at the bar, which I used and enjoyed a beer in my room. Was pleasantly surprised to receive free internet, which is usually not the case in a big metro area. I liked there was a room key needed to operate the elevator, however if that was necessary to keep guests secure, I didn't notice any other security. Nice hotel, nice staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Friendly check-in staff. Nice, quiet, clean rooms. Delicious hot breakfast. A perfect facility for a business trip. The proximity to businesses and good restaurants is excellent. The fitness facility had limited equipment so an early start is essential.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This hotel was conveniently located for public transportation, walking, or driving. The staff was incredibly nice and helpful, and the room itself was clean and comfortable. We had a great experience overall!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple