“Good sampling of Lebanese fare”
Review of Lebanese Taverna

Lebanese Taverna
Ranked #41 of 380 Restaurants in Bethesda
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Arlington and Elm
Transit: The Bethesda Circulator stops right in front of the restaurant on Arlington Road
Description: Our first full service restaurant in Montgomery County is located on the corner of Arlington and Elm Streets in Bethesda Row. The design with walls of mahogany -like woods, floor to ceiling lanterns, custom made tile and zebra wood table lends to a warm and cozy setting. Seasonal outdoor dining and private rooms are also available.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The restaurant is well decorated. I liked the fact that the tables are not so close together, so that one could have some privacy. One could get a good sampling of Lebanese fare.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

This was the worst meal I have had in a restaurant in a long time.

There was a party of 8 of us, 6 adults and 2 small kids. We were seated super quick and ordered appetizers. For appetizers we ordered 2 different platters to have a variety. When the appetizers were delivered to the table there was long strands of HAIR in them. Who wants to eat hair? When I was able to finally track down the waiter he never once apologized, just brought another appetizer and plopped it down on the table and left.

We are at the restaurant for almost an hour before we even got the opportunity to order our entrees. Once we ordered, it took almost 50 minutes to receive our food. The waiter was no where in sight and when I went to find the manager he was at someone else's table addressing complaints. The hostess (who was very nice) had to go into the kitchen to track our food down. When our food finally arrived 2 of the meals were cold (lamb dish) and the sandwich we ordered (chicken) tasted like you were eating from a salt shaker. When the waiter came by I addressed this with him and he said it was supposed to be that way. I have eaten here before (different location) and it never tasted like that. So after being in the restaurant for 2 hours and then having to send back the sandwich I had no dinner.

Complete waste of $200 for dinner and my 2.5 hours of time. Would never go back here again.

1  Thank erinnm005
Reviewed March 31, 2014

It is worth your money, with huge selection from appetizers to main course there is something to please all palates. Love to take international visitors.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Groupon brought me here, $37 for $70. The waiter served us very well and he sure has earned my tips. The restaurant was packed and it is fairly large. The atmosphere was good and suitable for a romantic date. As a matter of fact, I have seen several couples here for date. However, it is a bit noisy and lacks privacy for a couple to talk. I could hear the adjacent tables' conversation clearly. The restroom was clean and even provided Listerine. The food came out in a ok speed. It took about 10-15 minutes.

1) Mojito - pleasant drink and didn't skim out of alcohol
2) Lemonade - it is different than your day to day lemonade. Try it.
3) Kibbeh - decent
4) Grape leaves - good
5) M'saka - BEST! Burst with flavor and couldn't get enough.
6) Fatayer trio - yummy
7) Roasted olives - with a kick, good bar food
8) Shawarma sliders - nice
9) Mediterranean sea bass - lovely entree with roasted veggies to boot. Fried to bring out good flavor without the fishy taste.
10) Mehshi bel zeit - decent, got bell pepper in it.
11) Molten chocolate cake - the Turkish coffee brings a different dimension to the molten chocolate flavor.
12) Traditional baklawa - Not overpowered with honey. But it is lacking something to stand out.

Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Was pleasantly surprised with the excellent wine served with our meal. The service was friendly and professional.

We shared two mezza platters with nine small dishes. The waiter suggested we have mixed kebap after we finished the two platters. The lamb kebap were very tender and cooked perfectly. The chicken kebap were also perfect.