“Elegant Setting for Middle Eastern Food”
Review of Lebanese Taverna

Lebanese Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Lebanese Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 373 Restaurants in Bethesda
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Arlington and Elm
Transit: The Bethesda Circulator stops right in front of the restaurant on Arlington Road
Description: Our first full service restaurant in Montgomery County is located on the corner of Arlington and Elm Streets in Bethesda Row. The design with walls of mahogany -like woods, floor to ceiling lanterns, custom made tile and zebra wood table lends to a warm and cozy setting. Seasonal outdoor dining and private rooms are also available.
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I went to Lebanese Taverna with my best friend and her husband a few Saturdays ago for dinner. It's a great spot in downtown Bethesda because it's elegant and the prices are reasonable. It was packed and I was glad I'd made a reservation. Most of our group had lamb for dinner, starting with a Taverna Platter for appetizers but I ordered the salmon which came with a harissa flavored rice and was out of this world. I would order that again in a heartbeat! The service at this restaurant is wonderful and the bar is a great spot as well. Don't overlook this spot in Bethesda!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The chicken kabob was very good and grilled veggies also done the way I like them. I had the salad instead of rice, to make it even healthier. We loved the bread, both white and wheat. But, the garlic sauce was awesome. The hummus was excellent also.
I took a business associate here to lunch, and she loved the freshness of the salad and the tase of everything she ordered. She said this may be her new "go to" place in Bethesda.
I love it when I hit a home run with a business contact!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We would like to like this restaurant more, as it's very a short walk from home and we know and like some of the management. After a recent sharing of mezze with another couple, though, we again decided it wasn't worth frequenting. The service was attentive and efficient and there were a couple attractive wines. Most of the eight dishes we sampled, however, fell short. The kibbeh and falafel were a bit overcooked. The cauliflower dish was puzzling and not tasty. The maanek (sausages) were too crumbly. But the "camel wings" (chicken) were tasty. It can be pleasant for a relaxed drink and snack outdoors, but don't expect more.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

With sandpaper texture and cardboard taste, Lebanese Taverna holds the crown for 'worst Hommous on the planet.' Quite a difficult title to obtain. Simply grinding beans in a blender can render passable Hommous. Lebanese Taverna fails at this task.

Eating at Lebanese Taverna is akin to going to Burger King and expecting a filet mignon.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had the hummus trio, falafel, fatayer all spinach (spanikopita), and meat-filled grape leaves--all were truly outstanding. We had a glass each of the Tilia Malbec. We'd not had it before, but it was very nice--smooth and full-bodied. Service was attentive. To put the icing on the cake we used a Groupon ($22 for $40).