“Elegant and Eager to Please!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oakville Grille and Wine Bar

Oakville Grille and Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Oakville Grille and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 338 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Democracy Blvd
Transit: Grosvenor Metro Metro Bus
Bethesda, Maryland
“Elegant and Eager to Please!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Particularly appreciated was the willingness to accomodate my low sodium dietary requirement. With several tasty options to choose and a pleasant staff, I like this place to meet friends and work colleagues in an elegant environment.

Visited November 2012

Bethesda, Maryland
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Made a reservation for New Year's Eve.....were told it was impossible, but we could sit at the bar. When we arrived, the bar was crowded so we were offered a table in Geppetto's. We accepted, but were very disappointed! First of all, the service was just okay. Had to request the wine list and then the server stood over me waiting for me to select a wine......very annoying.... My husband got the calamari appetizer. Tasted good, but gave him diarrhea all day New Year's day.....he eats calamari, so this is unusual. His steak was delicious, but at $30 for the entree, I would expect something better than sub-par french fries......I've had much better at McDonald's. My sea bass was good, but I also had an upset stomach the next day!
Also, we paid Oakville prices, but did not get the atmosphere or the free Lindt truffles or party favors that were being offered on the other side and ended up with just so-so food. We used to go to Oakville on a regular basis, but hadn't been in a few years so this was very disappointing. Wish we had just stayed home......
The only saving grace was that I ran into an old friend I hadn't seen in over 30 years and we had a chance to chat........but I'm afraid Oakville is off my list of restaurant choices in the future!

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
“Wonderful little restaurant with great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I've lived in Bethesda most of my life and always enjoy taking out of towners and friends to this nice restaurant for lunch- they have great options and the open faced grilled chicken sandwich is my absolute favorite! It can be a bit pricey, so i'd recommend trying lunch!

2 Thank Dgs1024
Boston, Massachusetts
“A don't miss find in Bethesda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Other said it too, don't be fooled by the strip mall location. The menu has something for everyone, from appetizers to dessert. Excellent selection of wines also. The restaurant was fairly crowded, yet the noise level was low. One of our pickier family members said it was one of the best meals that she's had in a long time. The service was very good. I highly recommend this restaurant for a special family dinner or a nice place to take your first date..!

McLean, Virginia
“Lovely Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Menu had many appealing possibilities. Our salads were fresh and delicious. Though there were other guests around us, it was quiet and a perfect place for conversation. I will return.

• Visited July 2012