“It's a'ight”

Daily Grill - Bethesda
Reserve with OpenTable
Daily Grill - Bethesda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 380 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wisconsin Avenue & Old Georgetown Pike
Transit: Located Above the Bethesda Metro Station
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This restaurant is located & attached to a hotel which made it very convenient. Breakfast, lunch & dinner is served and restaurant is late for dinner.

I went to the restaurant on a Wednesday night and arrived at 7:30PM & the place was packed. I asked the waiter if it was always that busy and he said yes. So they should be use to the crowds.

While the service was a bit slow for my table (I ordered some shrimp cocktail & a Caesar salad), I noticed the other tables around me were not being served at all and I felt bad, especially family that had a table of kids. I left at 8:30 and I saw there were people that had arrived at the time same time as I did and they were still waiting on their food. Perhaps I got lucky because nothing I ordered was cooked?

The wait staff were very nice and friendly but what is going on in the kitchen?! There was plenty of wait staff but nothing was coming out of the kitchen.

Overall, the menu was rather pricey considering the Morton Steak House was on the other side of the hotel and I would go back to Morton hands down before I would go back to the Daily Grill.

This restaurant is getting the business, as evident by the fact they were packed on a weeknight. My guess is the only way positive serious changes will be made is if management changes happen whether that's in the kitchen to get food out faster or the overall restaurant management.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

set up a special room in the back for our son's rehearsal dinner for 17 people; a set menu with several choices; service was poor: they had our booking set for nearly two months; and were not ready when we arrived; confusion from the start as to who was our main server; wines chosen ahead were not there that night; salads were disgusting(my caesar was mush; when I showed it to the attention of our server I was told there was no more to give me); my salmon was fine; the chicken dish was adequate according to others; but the fresh vegetable meal was cold and very unappealing, according to two at my table. the chocolate mouse was like out of a box; while the cobbler and ice cream seemed good to all who had it. If this is reflective of how the main restaurant is, then I would have no problem giving it a 1-2 rating only; I pushed it to three, because it might have been too much for a kitchen on a Friday night, to have 15 adult meals ready(although we paid way over what the meal per the menu, would have cost, a la carte)...seriously, maybe good for its bar; but for a group meal, stay clear away.....

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Service is slow but the food is good. Don't come here if you are in a hurry. The waitresses are very nice but either there aren't enough of them or the cook is very slow and thorough.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Family came into town and we met at the Daily Grill for dinner. The service was great and the food delicious. The Daily Grill made a fun evening for all. Even the little ones had a good time and the staff took real good care of us.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a terrible restaurant. There many other selections that are far better. It is worth taking the time to find these other selections.