“Overpriced” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of 4935 Bar & Kitchen

4935 Bar & Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
4935 Bar & Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 351 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: American, Indian, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Bethesda Metro Stop Walking distance from metro
Description: Sophisticated dining with a trendy atmosphere and creative menu. We combine Indian flavors with French technique to create an exciting yet accessible dining experience.
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We bought a Groupon for this restarant which gave us a $50 credit for $25. We went on a Friday night and the restaurant was not very busy. We had previously looked at their menu on line and found the prices quite reasonable. When we went to the restaurant the menu was completely different and much more expensive. The wine list was provided and it only listed bottles of wine, none by the glass. I asked the waiter if they had house wines and he said they did. A glass of the house Cabernet turned out to be $9.50. Two in our party ordered pasta dishes. One was supposed to contain eggplant and vegetables, but was 95% pasta. The other dish was a plate of pasta. Each dish cost about $20 a piece. No salad or side came with either entree.

The bottom line - The food was average and the price was excessive. There are many better choices for Italian restaurants in Bethesda.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

USA
“Tragara lied to customer”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

I made my reservation through Savored 2 weeks ago for a party of 6 on May 12 at 7:30 pm to celebrate Mother's Day a day early. At 5 pm on May 12, I received a call from the manager at Tragara to inform me that there was an issue in the kitchen so the dining room is closed for the evening. I then asked my brother to call 30 minutes later to see if the restaurant is really closed. He was told that the restaurant is open but they are fully booked for the evening. I then called the restaurant, spoke with the manager, and confronted him with the issue. He said that if I come back next week then he can give me the Savored discount but not tonight. This restaurant has no business ethics. Also, he doesn't seem to care when I told him that I plan on reporting this to BBB and post my review online.

Visited May 2012
5 Thank InternatlTravel
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food but a bit expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

We hesitated to go here because of negative reviews and were glad we went. A fairly large restaurant that was pretty empty on a Wednesday night, which guaranteed very good service. Both the maitre d'h and the owner stopped by to chat with us. We said we were in a hurry and were out in an hour. The arugula salad on radiccio with oranges was a perfect appetizer--not always done this well. The ocean scallops were some of the best I've ever tasted. My husband had cold artichoke hearts in olive oil, garlic, and herbs that were a bit disappointing in flavor but his veal scallopine di vitello forestiere was excellent. We were quite pleased. I wish we had done the Open Table 30% off deal however since the bill with 2 glasses of wine and no dessert or coffee came to $103 without tip.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank cfuller603
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Food, Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

Wow! I'm not exactly sure what restaurant the other reviewers were reviewing (maybe they were from the same dining party who had a bad experience?), but you really owe it to yourself to try dining at this restaurant because I believe some of the other reviews to be inaccurate. It is actually one of the best Italian restaurants in Bethesda (and we've eaten at most of the other restaurants).

The environment is quiet and comfortable; the staff is polite; the food is excellent. Their parmesan white sauce and their red sauce are excellent. We highly recommend the agnolotti and some of the seafood pasta dishes. (The wines are quite good too, although I only tried one glass).

True, the food can be a bit pricey, but the food is excellent (you get what you pay for). The atmosphere is really nice, and kind of how I like it: classy, quiet, and upscale (at least in the main restaurant...I've never been upstairs).

I suppose some people might like to see the much copied (boring) bright dining room with cheap ultra modern plastic furniture, kind of like the many McChain restaurants. But I'm sure many people (young and old) will appreciate this restaurants classy decorations, cloth covered dining tables, and beautiful wall paintings.

Please do give this restaurant a try. My wife and I are really picky about restaurants, so if we like it, it must be pretty decent. If you think it's too pricey (it's cheaper than most DC restaurants) check out some of the restaurant coupon web sites and you might get a good deal.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ketchum, Id.
“Stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

Went for lunch, we were the only people and the food and service were terrible. The prices were very high and the quality was awful. Don't know how the stay ib business.