“Excellent Food but 2nd Fiddle to the Original Peter Chang in Rockville!”
Review of Q By Peter Chang

Q By Peter Chang
Ranked #59 of 391 Restaurants in Bethesda
Reviewed May 27, 2018

A few different recipes compared to the Rockville location. The menu is slightly modified for the more main-stream Bethesda gentry. Thus a compromise from the authentic taste available in the recipes at the Rockville location. Overall good value!!

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed April 6, 2018

Often Chinese food all tastes the same. This was quite unique. The flavors were different. The numbing dishes were good and gave unusual sensations when you had a drink of water. The sauces were not overly sweet and very nuanced.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

We’ve been here a couple of times in the past month, once for a couples night out and once for dim sum with the family. Both times the food was quite good and the service was fine. The room tends to be a bit brightly lit in the evening, which isn’t exactly romantic, but isn’t atypical for a Chinese restaurant, either. Decent Chinese food is hard to find in southern MoCo, especially with the passing of Oriental East in Silver Spring (our go to place for Peking Duck and pan fried scallops). Q is certainly more refined and upscale than Oriental East was or Hollywood East (Wheaton) is. The prices reflect it. We are certainly happy they are there, though, and plan to go back regularly.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Linda A
Reviewed February 25, 2018

I'm not shy about how much I enjoy Q, and a few weeks ago I met a friend there for lunch. My friend happens to be a chef and cookbook author and she really enjoyed Q. We ordered some dumplings - there is an appetizer that is a group of 4 dumplings (shrimp, salmon, beef and vegetable) and also a dish that was thinly sliced eggplant with a delicious sauce. We had a wonderful time! I've enjoyed everything I've ordered at Q.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank HistoryLover2017
Reviewed February 19, 2018

I am a big fan of Peter Chang - his dishes remind me of the type of restaurants you have to go to NY or SF for and naturally very excited to try Q.
We had a reservation and arrived on time - we were kept waiting for 20 minutes and then seated. We waited another 20 minutes until we had water - and we asked several times. The server came over with a pad and asked if we were ready to order - we asked for menus first. The service was continuously bad through the evening and we really could wait to leave.
I loved the space but the lighting was too bright - So nicely done but ruined with bright spotlights better suited for interrogation.
We ordered a few items and enjoyed most - did not like the dan dan noodles - inedible. We also ordered a beef dish with jalepeno but it arrived and was mostly wood mushrooms which we didn't care for and some slices of beef. We didn't see any jalapenos - we asked if it was the right dish but had such a hard time flagging down a server.
The dishes were completely OVERSALTED and that is a huge understatement. I had three tall glasses of water (not easy to get from servers) just to wash down the salt and left even more thirsty. The other PChang restaurants are nowhere nearly as "off" as this one - the salting was really miserable - and no one to talk to because the servers seem to have disappeared. The only one in the dining room was a busboy who runs between tables - they really need some training.
I love the spice and the creativity and would like to return during dim sum - I will do so with a canteen full of water and sunglasses.

Date of visit: February 2018