“Unpretentious - Great Food & Atmosphere”
Review of Nest Cafe - CLOSED

Nest Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We had been needing to stop by and check out this restaurant as they often have live music on Fridays and Saturdays. Well we need it last night Happy hour dinner and soft music by Damian Grasso. The staff makes you feel so comfortable . Small restaurant with a bar and a covered porch. Extensive menu made us nervous, thinking maybe too ambitious. NOT SO. Everything we ordered was perfectly executed and delicious. Extreme attention to details of my special changes. The Jerk wings and Tuna Burger will call my name soon again. The music was lovely and unobtrusive to our dinner. It seemed the rowdy folks stayed outside. Hmm winter could get a little cozy. parking in Bethesda was of course a drag. But the Nest Cafe is a keeper.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I don't eat here often, but when I do, it's to reward myself for having stuck to my low-cal/low-carb diet for at least a day or two. Get the burger with Italian fries! If you, like me, are a doddering codger on a restricted diet, it might kill you, but you'll die happy!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Visited Nest for the first time this week, met up with some friends for dinner. Our party of 6 was seated without delay and throughout the evening the staff couldn't have been more gracious and accommodating. The menu was great, lots of tempting choices. I opted for the slow cooked pork tacos, some of the best I've had - memorable. Everyone enjoyed their meals and our evening out. It was a drizzly evening so we didn't take advantage of the nice outdoor seating, maybe next time. Don't hesitate to give it a try, Nest is great!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

This restaurant is nicely decorated and has an outdoor seating area. I ate lunch there with a friend. He had the fish tacos, while I had the chicken Caesar salad. Both were very good. The service was very friendly and was efficient.

The restaurant advertizes live music at night, but as the restaurant is very small I wondered where the musician(s) would be located (they must remove a table or two) and whether the music would be so loud as to make conversation difficult. Nonetheless, I think that this place has great potential as a local, reasonably-priced eatery and will eat there again soon.

I recommend that you give it a try.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Nest Cafe is an open-air restaurant with such a pleasant atmosphere. We visited for an early dinner on a Sunday evening and were pleased to get prime seating in the outdoor area. I ordered a glass of wine and the tomato mozzarella salad. Since this salad only has two main ingredients, I expect that any restaurant bold enough to put it on its menu will make sure the two ingredients are top quality. I was disappointed when my plate arrived. The tomato was not ripe and the mozzarella was the consistency of rubber! I ate less than half of it and told the server that I did not think the dish should be offered unless the ingredients were high quality. I think the restaurant should remove this item from the menu. My husband enjoyed his pasta and I would like to give the restaurant a second chance.