“Pssst! Best burger/fries combo in town!”
Review of Nest Cafe - CLOSED

Nest Cafe
Cuisines: American
Bethesda, MD
“Pssst! Best burger/fries combo in town!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I don't eat here often, but when I do, it's to reward myself for having stuck to my low-cal/low-carb diet for at least a day or two. Get the burger with Italian fries! If you, like me, are a doddering codger on a restricted diet, it might kill you, but you'll die happy!

• Visited August 2012

Maryland
“Wonderful meal and evening at Nest!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Visited Nest for the first time this week, met up with some friends for dinner. Our party of 6 was seated without delay and throughout the evening the staff couldn't have been more gracious and accommodating. The menu was great, lots of tempting choices. I opted for the slow cooked pork tacos, some of the best I've had - memorable. Everyone enjoyed their meals and our evening out. It was a drizzly evening so we didn't take advantage of the nice outdoor seating, maybe next time. Don't hesitate to give it a try, Nest is great!

• Visited August 2012
silver spring, md
“Good Food, Pleasant Atmosphere, Reasonable Prices”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This restaurant is nicely decorated and has an outdoor seating area. I ate lunch there with a friend. He had the fish tacos, while I had the chicken Caesar salad. Both were very good. The service was very friendly and was efficient.

The restaurant advertizes live music at night, but as the restaurant is very small I wondered where the musician(s) would be located (they must remove a table or two) and whether the music would be so loud as to make conversation difficult. Nonetheless, I think that this place has great potential as a local, reasonably-priced eatery and will eat there again soon.

I recommend that you give it a try.

• Visited July 2012
Bethesda, Maryland
“Great atmosphere, less than average food”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Nest Cafe is an open-air restaurant with such a pleasant atmosphere. We visited for an early dinner on a Sunday evening and were pleased to get prime seating in the outdoor area. I ordered a glass of wine and the tomato mozzarella salad. Since this salad only has two main ingredients, I expect that any restaurant bold enough to put it on its menu will make sure the two ingredients are top quality. I was disappointed when my plate arrived. The tomato was not ripe and the mozzarella was the consistency of rubber! I ate less than half of it and told the server that I did not think the dish should be offered unless the ingredients were high quality. I think the restaurant should remove this item from the menu. My husband enjoyed his pasta and I would like to give the restaurant a second chance.

• Visited June 2012
Bethesda, MD
“better choices close by”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

My wife insisted on fried calamari and the appetizer with artichokes at the Nest is interesting. But the calamari is boring and chewy like most other places. It took me awhile to find something I actually wanted to order; the menu is limited when you are not in the mood for pizza, pasta or a burger. Tried the grilled cheese of the day which was pretty good but not really the dinner I was looking for. The mixed green salad was also boring though a large portion of greens. And after the calamari arrived, why does it take another 20 minutes to get a salad and grilled cheese?

• Visited January 2012