“Unexpectedly amazing Saturday early dinner”

Modern Market Eatery
Ranked #77 of 390 Restaurants in Bethesda
Description: We love Modern Market. The food is delicious, fresh and seasonal. The organic wines and draft beers are delicious and reasonably priced. The team was extremely helpful made great recommendations and were a delight. My husband and I enjoyed the option to make our meals half pizza and half salad. This restaurant is always a top choice whenever we go to Bethesda. We hope you like it too.
Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I were down in Bethesda downtown and wanted to eat early dinner. Not having a particular place in mind we passed by Modern Market and decided to try it.

The interior decor is very modern and appealing. The way it works, you place your order and pick it up from the counter.

I ordered the City Sweet Potato and Margherita Pizza. My daughter had the Basil Chicken Sandwich.

The soup looked and tasted as home made ones. The smell and texture were great. The pizza crust was thin and tasty, the tomato sauce was extremely generous and the fresh mozzarella with basil on top gave it the best finish.

My daughter enjoyed every bite of her sandwich that contained plenty of vegetables.

We will be visiting Modern Market quite often.

Reviewed July 26, 2018

Very nice casual restaurant in downtown Bethesda with pleasant interior decor. The food is very fresh and proves that you don't have to sacrifice taste in the pursuit of healthy eating. My girlfriend raved about her chicken pesto sandwich which was very fresh and savory. My salmon caesar was also very tasty and a good-size portion- it didn't have croutons but didn't miss them at all. I have been here half a dozen times and have never been disappointed with the food, it is always good and reasonably priced. You can find something for everyone here, carnivore and vegetarian - salads, sandwiches, entrees, pizzas, grain bowls, etc. Their breakfast is also excellent. The receipt comes with the calorie, fat, and carb counts, which seemed high to me for what I ordered, but is informative nonetheless.

Reviewed May 13, 2018

So nice to have a good casual fast and healthy option for meals. When I was in town, my family and I were looking for something near by that had fast healthy options for lunch. I found Modern Market on Yelp and it seemed like it fit the bill. They have a lot of great healthy options: salads, sandwiches, plates, sides, etc. They have vegetarian and vegan options and some gluten free options as well. I decided on seasame ginger tofu with garlic mashed potatoes and blue cheese arugula salad on the side. My family got panini’s and salads.

Unfortunately, as I ordered they had just run out of tofu and I had to wait a bit after my family got their food to get mine. Not a huge deal, these things happen. I went to go get some iced tea but there was no ice in the soda fountain. When I alerted them, they filled it up within 5 minutes. Thanks! The tofu was worth the wait. It was cooked perfectly; sometimes tofu can come out sponges when over cooked but this was done well and the ginger was subtle and didn’t overpower the tofu. The mashed potatoes were a bit light on the garlic for my taste. I wish I had just gone with the steamed veggies. The blue cheese arugula salad was perfect and delicious.

My husband loved his panini but it were a bit on the small side for him so he went up and got another half of a panini since I was still eating. My Dad enjoyed his panini and my Mom liked her salad but would have preferred more dressing. I’m sure she could have asked for more but did not.

Overall, this si a great, healthy, fast spot for food!

Reviewed May 4, 2018

Five stars are for the charming and helpful Adrienne. The salads are always really good as are some of the other dishes, but the sincere helpfulness and lovely personality of Adrienne makes a visit here memorable and very special!

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

I didn’t find a lot on the menu that really jumped out at me. Ended up getting pulled pork with BBQ sauce, potatoes, and fire roasted veggies. The BBQ pulled pork was bland but the sides were very good! A little pricey for the portion size. For the price, I can usually get 2 full meals out of it. I was only able to get 1 meal, and a little snack.