“Nice Italian feel”

Positano Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #23 of 365 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Full service Italian restaurant with also four private party rooms and garden terrace for outside dining.
“Nice Italian feel”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Interesting place. Sat outside and had some authentic Itslian cooking. Not mind blowing, but worth a visit!

• Visited July 2013

Aspen
“great food and service”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We shared dinner with four other friends who all remarked what a pleasant experience it had been. None of us had ben here in years. The food and wine was very good. We will return.

• Visited June 2013
Rockville, Maryland
“Highly recommended for special events!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We are so glad we hosted the rehearsal dinner for my son’s wedding at Positano’s. The evening definitely couldn’t have been better, In the planning stage, the owner, Jimmy Traettino, responded to our every question, offered excellent advice (when asked) and helped us with every preparation detail. The night of our event, he made sure that things flowed smoothly all evening. The hors d’oeuvres, the entrees and the desserts were all excellent. Many of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed the festive atmosphere (our event was in the Old Positano Room), the food, the wine and the attentiveness of the staff. I had looked extensively in the Bethesda, Gaithersburg, Rockville area for a rehearsal dinner venue and I really don’t believe you could find a better place. I highly recommend Positano’s. You won’t be disappointed!

• Visited June 2013
Bethesda, Maryland
“Great restaurant and very accommodating for large parties...”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My (then future) wife and I spent many months agonizing and planning for our May wedding and then realized toward the end that we hadn't really planned a rehearsal dinner. Looked at our wedding venue at first, but got immediate sticker shock from their estimate (you mean you want even MORE of our money?) Never fear, however, because Positano came to the rescue.

I had actually eaten here for lunch once or twice since it was near my work, and I was familiar with the restaurant and knew they had a fairly large dining room. We reserved for and had a party of approximately 24 people when we arrived. The restaurant owners at first though we were a large party of prom goers based on the size and timing of the party, but quickly realized we were about to tie the knot. They located all of us on a nice inside balcony/raised platform in the venue. No need to order in advance what everybody wanted, and we were able to order both food and wine directly off the menu.

And order we did. Everybody loved it! The food, while probably not the best Italian food I've ever had, was certainly sufficient enough to please everybody in the party, including a number of my Italian relatives. Authentic and yummy red sauces, perfectly al dente pasta, and all of the standard Italian fare (VEAL!) you know and love. The meals arrived almost all at the same time, and the service was attentive. Many bottles of wine were opened and drank, and best yet, the bill at the end of the meal was reasonable (that is, reasonable if you've ever treated 20+ people to dinner before).

All in all, a most positive experience. My (now) wife and I are certainly grateful to the restaurant and will be returning again soon.

• Visited May 2013
“A nice Real Italian food Experience”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The Positano Ristorante Italiano is an interesting place, with a very old italian architecture, which makes it looking in total abstraction from the rest of Bethesda's context. I was there during my business trip and needed to eat something italian, as i had too many steak in the past 7 days. I had a very tasty pasta con melanzane e pomodoro, cooked in an actual italian style, which made me very pleased. At the end of the dinner i had an expresso, which did not make me miss my country at all (i am italian). I ve eaten outside, and table were not clean. Nor the Garden was in the best conditions. That impact on the overall quality of the resturant and negatively balances the good quality of the food. If you expect italian speaking personell, then you will be disapointed. However, the spanish speaking waiters were very nice and kind. A place to go, with some reserve.

• Visited May 2013