“A wonderful Suprise”
Review of Guardado's

Guardado's
Reserve with OpenTable
Guardado's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 372 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish, Salvadoran
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Old Georgetown RD
Transit: ride-on 34
Reviewed February 20, 2011

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner of tapas at this restaurant last night. We had made a reservation earlier in the day, and I'm glad we did, because the place was full. It is not a large space but attractive and cozy. Our waiter Carlos gave great service and great advice on what to order. I loved the stuffed red pepper with goat cheese. We also had the sauteed shrimp in olive oil, sauteed mushrooms with sherry, and chicken thighs in an olive and mushroom gravy...all wonderful and rich flavors. The bread they served was wonderful to soak up the sauces. We had a nice bottle of reasonably priced red wine, but the best was the glass of sangria we decided to try at the end of the meal. The best sangria ever- next time we'll get a pitcher. Service was great, and plates cleared and served with perfect timing. We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed September 4, 2010

I have been to Guardado's several times since they have opened in 2007 and have always left happy. I always order a dish with the chorizio, its delicious! I have to say that the price is very reasonable for the quality, amount and location. The restaurant is on the small side, so can feel tight, and service is slow on weekend nights, as it has become a popular restaurant. But I always find the waiter/waitresses to be very friendly and helpful with food recommendations.

Reviewed June 23, 2010

We've eaten here regularly and have never been disappointed. The menu is divided into both traditional meals and hot & cold tapas (small plates). There's a huge variety on the tapas side, from vegetarian to all sorts of meat and fish dishes. All of it is excellently prepared. They also have a very good selection of wine and beer and great mojitos. This is a great place for a family with a lot of different tastes, but it is not a fancy restuarant. It's a family-run business with a lot of charm. You'll see some of the same fare at Jaleo's at Guardados, but better-prepared and without the production-line feel of Jaleo's. Prices are about average for Bethesda.

Reviewed February 21, 2010

I have eaten at a lot of restaurants in Bethesda (I am a local) and I have yet to find one as friendly and as cozy as this. The tapas are taste both good and fresh, the menu prices are fair, and the atmosphere is not pompous (much like a lot of the other dining destinations in town). Parking was easy (right across the street), and the staff is knowledgeable an friendly. I am a traveled person and have had Paella in many places but Mr. Guardado honestly makes some of the best I have ever had. He is a traditional trained chef from my understanding. Although Jaleo may have a more upscale atmosphere, I prefer the prices, quality and food at Guardado's more.

Reviewed March 27, 2009

Our party enjoyed several of the main courses on the menu and found them all very good.
My extended family eats here often.
Good waitstaff.