“Very good Spanish food”
Review of Guardado's

Guardado's
Reserve with OpenTable
Guardado's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 391 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish, Salvadoran
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Old Georgetown RD
Transit: ride-on 34
Reviewed July 12, 2018

I ate with a group of about 16 people, and the restaurant already had 2 other large groups, so they were a little bit stressed...... We had the "group" menu, where they bring a number of tapas courses for a fixed price of $25.

We had a fantastic apple/mango/cheddar cheese/ almond salad. I really want the recipe for the vinaigrette. Then we had tortilla (the Spanish tortilla, which is a sort of cold omelette with egg, potato, and it had sausage and mushroom and is a favorite of mine). Next came red peppers filled with a cheese mixture, chicken with mushrooms and olives (that was just a tad dry), salmon that was perfectly done, and a tray of mixed vegetables. Although it was served on small "tapas" plates family style, it really was a lot of food. For dessert we had tres leches cake that was pretty good. They brought an extra salad out for a vegetarian at our table since he couldn't eat the chicken or tortilla. Fortunately he wasn't a vegan - I don't think a vegan would find much to eat at this place!

Yes, I'd go back, for more of the salad and tortilla in particular!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

Hubby and I had dinner here on an impromptu date night. What a treat it was! Great service and good food. We had the fajitas- chicken and beef. We’ll go again to have the paella. I understand it’s very good and takes about 35 minutes to prepare — so be prepared for the wait. I understand it’s worth it. According to our server, you can call ahead for it and it’ll be ready for you when you get there. The sangria was pretty good too.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

Guardados could easy become one of favorite restaurants, it has all the ingredients to make it top of my list! I rarely give 5 starts (and I do eat out and travel a lot inside and outside the USA)
The place is small yet cozy, it reminds me of a NYC restaurant, the restrooms are old but impeccable, (although they had a full house prior to our time slot)
The service was great, servers were all very friendly and helpful
The food was highly pleasant to the taste, I was lucky enough to try many items because they served brunch for Mother’s Day
The ceviche was fresh beautiful presented and delectable
The paella was full of shrimps, sausages, chicken, it wasn’t too dry or too saggy it was perfect
The gazpacho I heard was very tasty
The maduros were sweet, so were the torrejas, tortilla española and the sangria
I highly recommend this restaurant
I will definitely visit them often

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I just tried Guardado’s for the first time this evening. Our drinks (Sangria and a Margarita with Grand Marnier and Cointreau) were well-made, if a little smaller for the price than similar drinks at nearby comparable Tex-Mex restaurants like Guapo’s.
Two of the tapas we tried (pork loin and gambas al ajillo) were decent-sized but not particularly flavorful, while the third tapas, ceviche, was clearly freshly prepared and superior in flavor to the other two tapas. We also shared the beef quesadilla, which included good-quality beef but seemed smaller and less filled than quesadillas we’ve had elsewhere.
It would be unfair to compare Guardido’s tapas to, say, Jaleo’s — or maybe better to say Guardido’s are not a bad value for the money, just not comparable in quality nd size to other area Latin-oriented restaurants. Service was friendly and prompt, even when the number of diners increased substantially at dinner time.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed December 9, 2017

Three friends and I went for Friday happy hour - margaritas and mojitos, $4; wine, $5; some tapas $5 and others at regular menu prices. We each had two drinks and we shared several tapas - croquetas, tortillas con chorizo, pintchitos, peppers stuffed with seafood, portobello mushrooms. The tapas were all wonderful, the margaritas were well made, and the wine - tempranillo and pinot grigio - well selected. Lovely bread and olive oil. Nobody rushed us, and service was efficient and unobtrusive - especially no repetitive "how is everything". The next morning I got a call from the restaurant - they had my wallet, which had slipped out of my purse. Staff had found it while cleaning to close. They had to do a little detective work to find me - but they did, and I was very glad. I think there are three tapas restaurants in Bethesda, and this is now my favorite, a family-owned, small place with good food that treats you well. Oh, and it cost us each $26 (including tip) with enough food to make a meal.

Date of visit: December 2017