“good place to stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
NYS
“good place to stay”
Reviewed February 12, 2009

clean, courteous, quiet, safe, inexpensive
close to I-95 exit
eight minutes to (greenbelt station) DC metro with day parking
a good place to stay!

Stayed February 2009
1 Thank seashell2009
DMoran, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Capital Beltway / I-95 North, responded to this review, October 4, 2009
Thank you for your valuable feedback. Guest feedback allows us to focus our service to your needs. So from everyone here at the Comfort Inn, Capital Beltway let me say, Thank You for your positive review of our property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
San Ramon, California
Reviewed January 3, 2009

I booked this hotel as a base to DC. It was very, very reasonable in price, and the staff were very nice. From there, it's somewhat worn and average, but again, a very good price and not bad. The first night we could hear early risers bumping their luggage around in the hall, so we began to run the fan at night and it successfully drowned out any potential noises - and no problems at all.

The continental breakfast was very average, but we arrived about 1/2 hour before it closed, so I don't know what it was like at the start - but it seemed just average.

There's a laundry facility on the 3rd floor, which was nice, and 3 computers in a room with internet access, which was nice. I had to buy some laundry soap at the local grocer because they didn't have a dispenser - but the nice girl at the front desk said they usually keep extra - and were just out.

I also got the feeling that the young people on the evening staff watched somewhat over the cars in the lot. I remember from previous reviews that some cars had been vandalized; and couple mornings I found empty beer cans and trash near the cars - so I wondered what went on in the area after dark? But we had no problems.

There's not a lot of food choices around the hotel, but the hotel sits in the same strip mall lot as Wendy's, a drug store and grocery store. There's also a restaurant in the strip mall too. But by the time we returned from DC, these places were all closed.

In hindsight, I think I would have tried to make reservations early and stay closer in to DC, even though it was an easy trip to and from DC - it seemed to just get a little old - getting on the subway in, and returning late at night, driving the car to the station...

TO DC LOGISTICS
From the hotel, we drove the rental car to the Greenbelt station - to ride the train into DC. It was about a 10 minute drive to the station, and another 20 minutes or so to the DC Smithsonian subway stop. You have to pay $4.25 for parking at the Greenbelt station, but there's a lot of spaces. We were there 3 days, so it was better for us to buy two of the plastic Metro Smartrip fare cards and put $20 on it. You pay the parking fee when you leave the parking lot, so you can swipe your fare card and it will deduct the amount. I then ended up giving my card to someone - so they could charge it and use it later. Here's the info on that station:

The last day there we drove the car directly into DC and parked for $20 near the spy museum. I heard it was a mess trying to park in DC, but we found a garage no problem. Maybe it was because it was Sunday? I would've done that to begin with - instead of taking the subway. It was a lot easier and convenient - but that's if the parking is ok.

• Liked — Nice staff and price
  • Disliked — Local area around hotel
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Dudesdad
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beltsville
Sheraton College Park North Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North
Days Inn College Park
Days Inn College Park
#9 of 11 in College Park

Been to Comfort Inn Capital Beltway / I-95 North? Share your experiences!