“Good Value. Reasonable Place to Stay”

Comfort Inn Capital Beltway / I-95 North
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Beltsville
GreenLeadersBronze level
New Jersey
“Good Value. Reasonable Place to Stay”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This hotel was was going downhill for a while in 2010, but they have improved in 2011. It is generally a good value (prices change with the season and local events, of course), comfortable, quiet and clean, with free breakfast (heavy on the carbs) and free WiFi..

It is well located - close to main roads but far enough away to avoid the road noise.

Beds are comfortable. Blankets and towels have seen better days and are past their replacement date. Heat and air conditioning are from a noisy under window unit.

We have stayed at this hotel several times since it became a Comfort Inn and would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
JJordanMD614, General Manager at Comfort Inn Capital Beltway / I-95 North, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
Thank you so much for taking time out to write to us. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to you coming back to see us again.

Johnetta Jordan
Comfort Inn Capital Beltway

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Reached this hotel late in the evening, Only to be handed a key to a room, that was already occupied!!!! Turns out their systems had crashed a day earlier so they had no clue who was staying in their property!

Got another room, this time with the bathroom lighting - half repaired. Finally got into a room that I did spend the evening in. Only with some half cleaned sofa, dirty desk chair & partly cleaned bathroom.

Worst part of the stay.. the AC was noisy & i could barely sleep!

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ikazi
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 2, 2011

My husband and I I checked in late Saturday evening and left early Monday morning (Memorial Day). The ladies at the front desk were friendly. My room was on the second floor so it was a walk-up. I checked the bathroom before I put my bag down and it was clean. it could take a little more bleach. Overall the room was in good condition - the shower curtain was clean and the linens were clean. I cannot comment on the breakfast because I did not eat there. I was there for a function so i was mostly out of the room. On Sunday, we saw the cleaning lady in the hallway, asked her for more towels and didn't get them. Possible language barrier. Two nights were fine for me. I have travelled a bit and am very particular about sanitizing bathroom. So it might be fine for some people and others just need a liitle bit more. If you are on a short trip within that metro area, comfort inn is a more than decent place to stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jacaud
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 21, 2011

I had a horrible time at this hotel! They Had a very rude front desk clerk named DAWN! She was very snappy and acted as if she didnt want to be there. They do not offer microwaves or refrigerators in the room. They say they are available upon request! I requested them both the night i arrived there and i hadnt recieved them until the night before i left! They dont provide an iron. plates, forks, all in that nature are not available until the morning breakfast. However the maid service was very good, even though i never received my second set of wash rags! this is my worst stay experience ever! i do not advise anyone to go here! there was a man named JEFF, he was really nice and trying his hardest to make his customers happy. But DAWN needs to be fired because of how rude she was to me! Im never staying here again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Temple Hills, Maryland
Reviewed March 19, 2011

This is my second stay at this hotel and the first one was excellent. Both times, I encountered Jeff who always met me with professional courtesy and prompt service. But from there, this review goes down hill.
My companion called ahead to ask if these rooms had DVD players because if not, we would have brought our own. We were told yes, only to find out that the opposite is true. She does not like commercials - she's spoiled - so I'd rather her bring her own entertainment than for her to make my business trip one in which I have to hear her mouth the whole time about why there has to be so many commercials. Thanks Comfort Inn Capital Beltway for ruining that one for me.
On our "journey" to our room in this oddly shaped contraption called a hotel, we were overcome by the smell of mildew in the hallways that met you as you took the two (not just one as we were told) flight of steps to the second floor sleeping quarters. It almost made me vomit. The carpet in the hallway was dirty and stained and in great need of replacement. I wish I had my USB cord so I could upload photos.
The first time I stayed, I was assigned a room with refrigerator and microwave. This time, once I realized that was not the case, I came to the desk to enquire about the DVD player and the micro/fridge, at which time the maintenance/houseman, Winston, was notified IN FRONT OF ME (he was physically present) that I requested a micro/fridge unit. He said he'd check and asked my room number. This was at about 9:30pm. The FINAL time I called the desk - AROUND 12:30am, I was told that there was no one here to honor my request and that I would have to wait until the morning. I had perishible objects that needed either a refrigerator or something to keep them cool. Everytime I called about it, I was told that it would be checked on. Nobody bothered to call my room number to tell me the disposition of the "checking".
As a former employee of the franchise (and no longer in the hotel industry), I know EXACTLY what to expect from a CHOICE product. THIS WAS NOT IT! The desk staff seemed overwhelmed with the simplest tasks of just keeping things done in order of priority to ensure that nothing was overlooked. The look given to me by "Winston" was a look that let me know that he was tired, he was probably getting ready to clock out and go home, and my chances of getting my request filled was slim to none. I was not disappointed in my assessment.
To explain my rankings, the location is great and the beds are comfortable for the most part. But the room amenities leave much to be desired - especially if you're waiting for Winston to assist you in getting what you need. With this type of service, it BETTER be a decent value - especially with crud in the bathtub which I had to wash before I showered, and an almost faint hint of some sort of insecticide in the air, but the price can NEVER compensate for the lack of professional courtesy and direct disregard of the needs of the guests. I will not only be submitting this complaint, but I will also be submitting a complaint to the franchise, CHOICE! As a former Manager and employee of this company, I am appalled by what this hotel calls service and I will make it my mission to SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOF TOPS that this is not a place to choose unless you want to simply be ignored.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Pianoman30
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Some of the reviews I read made me worry about the quality of this hotel, but we found it perfectly OK. It was sparklingly clean, decorated in good taste (maybe it's been redone recently) and a good location. The breakfast wasn't great but for an overnight stop on a long road trip it was fine.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Selected this hotel due to its location without checking out the reviews here first. Traveled with my spouse and son (aged 9).

Pros: convenient to the Greenbelt station on the metro for travel into D.C. Grocery and Pharmacy in the same complex. Common areas were nice. Breakfast was average for Comfort Inn.

Cons: A tired hotel with rooms in need of refurb. I stayed in room 205 which did not have elevator access; would be a problem if you have mobility issues although there are rooms that have access via elevator. Requested a room with two beds but when I got to the room there was only a King. Gentleman at reception said only one bed rooms were available. That would have been nice to know prior to paying! Asked for a rollaway (at additional charge) and then had to help him carry the rollaway up three small flights of stairs. Sheets did not fit rollaway and no blanket was provided. As it was 2 am after traveling from Europe we collapsed in bed and waited until the morning to address this with management. Manager apologized and refunded the rollaway charge.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beltsville
Sheraton College Park North Hotel
Hampton Inn - College Park
#2 of 11 in College Park
Holiday Inn Express & Suites College Park-University Area
Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel

Been to Comfort Inn Capital Beltway / I-95 North? Share your experiences!