“Greek Oasis in a PG Desert”
Review of YiaYia's Kitchen

YiaYia's Kitchen
Ranked #7 of 65 Restaurants in Beltsville
Reviewed May 4, 2014

This is a breath of fresh air in a vast wasteland of chain fast food restaurants. This restaurant is a small sit-down and carry out restaurant spcializing in authentic Greek dishes. The dishes are supposed to be based on Grand mothers (Yai Yai) authentic Greek recipies. Whether they are or not the food is incredible!!! My wife and I shared a starter of Tzatziki that featured fresh made warm pita chips. I had the Moussaka entree served with Greek style potatoes and vegetables. For $12 I had enormous portions that were all incredibly good. You could tell the food was freshly made because of the tendernous and flavor. My wife had a Gyro Salad. There was so much food we had to take some home with us to enjoy later. The restaurant featured Yai Yai's corner with pictures of Grandma to add that wonderful family touch to the atmosphere. We would highly recommend this restaurant not only because it is a breath of fresh air in a sea of fast food restaurants, but because the food is well worh the drive to Beltsville to enjoy!! Welcome to the neighborhood Yai Yai!!!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Its a good addition to the College Park/Beltsville Area. They serve several classic Greek dishes.
I ordered a classic lamb gyro which was pack to fill of lamb and tzatziki goodness. I also tried the hand cut fries which were just okay and not worth the $3. I will be back to try a few of the entrees in the future.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

This is more a 4.5 star review; I'm knocking a bit off for one time ordering my salad without onions but getting them anyway. However, the gyros are really really good as are the french fries and the Greek salad is out of this world. They also have something called a "Village Salad" which is huge chunks of cucumbers and tomatos in the olive oily dressing which is sooo good with the gyro over it. My husband reports enjoying the ribs too, and the vegetables - green beans one and zucchini the other time - he says they're really good too. Just wish they weren't so brusque on the phone and that their front door didn't mysteriously get locked leaving me to knock outside in the cold. And that when they agree to leave onions off a meal, they would. If you're eating in, note that the dining area can get very cold indeed.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We had the chicken souvlaki. it was flavorful but not as good (not enough filling in the pita, and the pita was slightly burnt) as some other Greek restaurants we've been to. It is a small restaurant with a few tables and really best for carry-out. There were no souvlaki or gyro platters on the menu which was a disappointment, and they don't have coffee. There is a Tuesday special for $5 for a gyro, which is what they should probably charge anyway. It is a little overpriced for what you're getting.

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

It's like eating at a fast food version of a Greek restaurant. The gyro pita sandwich was great. The chicken souvlaki pita sandwich seemed a little more charred than anything else but still not bad. The fries were really good with some kind of salt it cheese or something dusted on. Delish! Each was $7. I would def come back.