“Holy Cow!!! Go here!”

Sardi's Pollo a la Brasa
Ranked #1 of 65 Restaurants in Beltsville
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had been eating at a Peruvian chicken place up in Laurel for a time and thought it was pretty good. During a chance encounter with a lovely Peruvian lady at the Lowe's in Columbia she informed me that the place I was going was garbage (a kind translation for the word she used) and I absolutely had to try Sardi's. Boy was she right.

Everything at Sardi's is amazing and the chicken (which is out of this world) is just the beginning. I'm currently addicted to the Mi Peru which is a sampler that includes grilled beef heart, ceviche, chicharon de pollo, and a quarter chicken dark with two sides. I HIGHLY recommend the fried yucca to go with you meal.

For dessert you can't go wrong with the Tres Leches. They also have some traditional Peruvian sodas and what-not if you're in to that.

There is simply no better Peruvian place--or Latin place for that matter--in the area. You have to check them out.

P.s. Be aware that if you order something from the menu you'll likely wait about 15 minutes for it as they'll be making it from scratch.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We visited this restaurant on a Saturday night - it was after 9 pm and the place was hopping with families, couples, and groups of friends!

Two of the three large rotisserie ovens were still cooking chicken. The grill was busy with steaks and salmon kabobs. The wide variety of sides to choose from made our mouths water: Peruvian rice, rice and beans, steak fries, fried yucca, green beans, mixed vegetables, roasted potatoes, plantains, cole slaw, green salad... While the chicken meals seemed most popular, the menue is extensive includes both Peruvian and Greek specialties.

For just $7.95 you can get a quarter chicken (delicious!), white meat, and two heaping sides. The green beans were delicious, and the roasted potatoes crispy yet tender. The green salad was fresh and crisp, the plantains perfectly cooked, and the rice and beans fully satisfying.

We didn't mind waiting in line to get served, and we'll return frequently for the delicious food, but when we're not in the mood for a noisy setting (the only reason I didn't give a "perfect" rating), we may choose the take-out option.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Went as a guest of a friend who highly recommended this local spot. They served up great speedy service, we arrived at 11:40 am and the place already had many customers but no line yet, by noon there was a considerable line to approach the efficient and fast counter service, you place your order, move along pick your entree/side, grab a cup and go to the self service drink area, then seat yourself and enjoy a delicious meal. My host chose the 1/4 chicken white with salad and pinto beans, I had the 1/4 chicken dark with pinto beans and fried yucca. They also had green bean, cole slaw, black beans, and french fries as other side choices. Each of our meals was just around $7, good sized servings.The chicken was what grabbed my attention, tender, succulent, with the best Peruvian spices on the skin, excellent. The fact that such a local unpretentious spot would draw so many faithful lunch goers tells me that this place has earned a place of local notoriety. I'm going to return soon. Highly recommend this humble establishment, great food.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This place is great for lunch, they have a very good selection of Peruvian favorite dishes available in their menu. Also their chicken is very tasty and the prices are good.

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

while in the DC area on business I met up with one of my friends who lives in Columbia. I toldher I was hungry but didn't want your regular chain restaurant so she took me here. Quick service, good food and inexpensive.