Sheraton College Park North Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$110
Greenbelt Marriott(Greenbelt)
$208
$199
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe club loungedc areamovie theatersales managerfront desk staffshuttle busminute drivegreenbelt metro stationenjoyed my staybusiness tripnight's sleepcorner roomthe hotel is cleanking bedchecking inshuttle servicemaryland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I recently stayed at this Sheraton for work. The people and service was very friendly and overall great, but I had a big problem with the location of my room. The room was the closest one to the elevators and beginning at 5:30am you could easily hear every door slam, elevator chime, and people talking as they walked by. I've never experienced this at a hotel before- it was like the door was made of paper, it didn't keep any sounds out. There's nothing like having a day of meetings with bloodshot eyes from a lack of sleep. Also, there aren't many outlets in the room, which is strange. The bedside lamp cord was stretched as far as it could go to reach an adjacent wall outlet. Overall, I may stay here again- the room and bed were decent, but will ask to be put as far away from the elevators and thru traffic of the hallway.

• Stayed: April 2013
Johnkutty V, General Manager at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for the feedback regarding your last stay at the Hotel. We apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We will ensure that we address issues related to noise through our overnight security team. Issues related to access to power source will be addressed in the next renovation cycle ( this year).

Meanwhile, please contact the hotel directly to have your preferences updated on Guest History that will allow you to be placed in the section of the Hotel of your choice. Main Hotel number is 301-937-4422 and ask for Rooms Director or Director of Revenue.

John Varghese, GM

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I was traveling just to get some good photos of the cherry blossom festival. I wanted to use spg points and this Sheraton was a much better deal than staying in DC. The service was great. I checked in late, still got a very nice upgrade and was able to book the shuttle to the metro with no trouble.

The shuttle service to the metro in the morning was very efficient and when I returned I was picked back up quite quickly. The metro itself was fairly quick as well. If your new to the area, you may want to stay in the city so you can explore more which you can't do as easily from this hotel. I would highly recommend staying here if you are going to DC solely for the festival. Avoid the traffic and the high hotel rates if you can.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Guest:

Your positive response is much appreciated. This encourges our team to exceed all expectations of service for all our Guests.

Hope to see you soon. Thank you for your Loyalty.

John Varghese

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed there 2 nights. This hotel is absolutely fine but I'm pretty disappointed because of Sheraton's hotel internet access policy. We are in the 21st century and from point of view you cannot extracharge you guests for internet access. I've stayed in hotels with 2, 2 1/2, and 3 stars and I don't even remember such an ideea. Most of the hotels in our days that have internet access,... well they give it for free. Everytime you travel you need to check your e-mail, see some maps of the area around, search for a dining place, talk with your friends or family. You can extracharge for other things but not for internet. Seriously.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your last stay. Your suggestion for free internet will be considered as we contemplate updating our bad width in the near future.

We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again!

Hospitably,

John Varghese, GM

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The hotel room is spacious, so is the bathroom. The sink counter in the bathroom though is quit small. The room is clean. 3 star bedding.

They give real discount for AAA. The staff is friendly. Also has a gym. I saw people exercising there.

I would give it four star if the retaurant was better. The surrounding are is not impressive and there is no good restaurant nearby. The one in the hotel is very basic.

Seems to be a good place for government contractors.

Room Tip: Rooms are all quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Thank Zh.Ou.
Johnkutty V, General Manager at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent stay at Sheraton Washington North. As you experienced, our team members work deligently to make sure that your stay experience is memorable and positive.

We'll continue to look for opportunities to upgrade our product and services based on your feedback. We hope to have you stay with us on your return to the area.

John

Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is your typical out of date Hotel. The staff is great and does all they can but the rooms are out of date and need to be updated. The fitness center machines are old and dirty. It is convenient for my travels to the area and is the only reason I use it. The staff is great and deserves a better property from the management.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Johnkutty V, General Manager at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Guest:

Your feedback on service experience is much appreciated. Our Team works well together to provide a Sheraton branded experience to all our Customers. I hope you have the opportunity to experience service in an updated Hotel real soon. We are working on upgrading our Hotel to remove any imperfections it might have!

As you know from your travel experience, people make the greatest difference in experience while clean and working amenities are important.

thank you for your loyalty and constructive feedback.

John Varghese, Gm