“Stay during ATC Visit”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Belcamp
Fredericksburg
“Stay during ATC Visit”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I reserved my room far enough in advance that I should have had a no issues at check-in, however, Corporate over-booked them by eight rooms so I had to stay in a handicap room.
Upon entering the room, I immediately rearranged the furniture because there was only one bedside time and it was not located closest to the room entrance. I also moved the lamp and chair. The lock on my door would not lock without me holding it close, not sure how someone in a wheel chair is supposed to accomplish that.
The water pressure in the bathroom was lacking pressure and if I didn't get up before the rest of the guest I did not receive hot water.
The hot tub had so much chlorine in it that it turned my new pink swim suit a light shade of purple...figure that out!
The gym..or lack of was the worst! The equipment was rusty a poor attempt to cover that was done with silver paint.
The breakfast was cold, but there is a microwave to heat your food with.
I had no issues with the location, parking or the kitchen lady.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Abingdon, Maryland
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I am 48 years old and traveled the east coast all my life. I have stayed here many times and truley feel I am part if the Wingate family. There is always a clean table to sit at for breakfast, and a nice smile from all on the crew. I could live here!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I booked this hotel, in February, to house my out-of-town guests for a wedding September 15 (some guests arriving on 9/12). 1st.. I reserved the bridal suite in February, free with 20 rooms booked. However, only 19 booked (but some for 2-3 nights) so the hotel said they would only give me a 15% discount on the suite; I paid but was not happy. The cleaning staff showed some of my guests how beautiful the bridal suite looked. But to my surprise, THEY GAVE THE BRIDAL SUITE TO ANOTHER COUPLE!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! 2nd..I negotiated what I thought was their bottom price for the rooms ($109 per night); however, when some of my guests booked online, they got rooms for $99. And then I had to fight to get those people associated with the wedding party to get to the 20 room minimum. 3rd..I provided OOT bags for my guests, with their names on them!! I had to call them at least 5 times to remind them to hand out the bags...and when some guests asked for them, the front desk didn't know what they were talking about, and the bags were within the guests' sight! 4th... I dealt with at least 3 different managers in that 7 month period, all INEFFICIENT. 5th...I was GUARANTEED satisfaction by the manager on September 16....promising to rectify this embarrassing and terrible situation...but as of September 20, I have heard NOTHING from them. There were other issues that I won't address here but will when I contact Wingates' corporate office. WYNDHAM should be ashamed and embarrased to have their name associated with this hotel. The front desk/manager are the public's first impression of the hotel....they FAILED!!! From what my guests said, the housekeeping staff should be running the hotel.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank jlbrock1958

Travelers are raving about these Belcamp hotels

DOWNINGTOWN
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Upon checking in we were required to sign a letter stating no alcohol allowed in the sitting area and no children unattended. And that we could be kicked out for any reason with no recourse and no refund. Quite a few people had children running around. This set a bad tone right from the beginning. The following morning the breakfast was a disaster. There was no eggs or sausage when i came down for breakfast. The waffle iron was not working. No milk for the kids to drink. No ketchup. The beds where uncomfortable. The place needs work.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank chuck m
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I went there for a wedding and the service was awful. I asked about my Wedding basket the Bride and Groom had provided the hotel to hand out and twice they said they didn't know what I was talking about even though I could see the baskets in the back. They also didn't know what I was talking about when I asked about the shuttle service sign up for the wedding when I know the Bride and Groom had arranged that through the hotel, too. The front desk couldn't tell me where the vending machines were either. The service was terrible. The most helpful and nicest people was housekeeping!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Jensen Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I always tell people the truth in my reviews.I start by saying: I am a lousy sleeper.

I always request a King room on the top floor, as far away from the road sounds as possible and they accommodated me. Hubby is a tall guy and we need the king size bed. But I think any room in this hotel would provide a quiet night's sleep. It is OFF the main road.

Joey at the front desk was very friendly and welcoming.
The room was clean. The shower was hot. The bed was comfy and there were several extra pillows. It's all anyone could ask for!

There is a free breakfast, which is also great for travelers (but I cannot partake as I have Celiac Disease and there is not much there that is gluten free and safe for me to eat.)

But that's okay! I brought my own travel food (as I always do).and the microwave and fridge in the room took care of my needs. It is another reason why Wingate by Wyndham suites are perfect for me.

and.,....I slept through the night. Yaay!.

A GREAT value as we traveled home from Florida on !-95 and I would recommend it to other travelers as well.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank rabbitsrule
belcampgm, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Aberdeen /Edgewood, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. I wanted to especially thank you for recognizing Joey, your kind words are greatly appreciated.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I am a US Marine and currently come to Aberdeen Proving Grounds for testing. I've stayed at several hotels in the area and was very disappointed in the cleaniness and service. I was referred by a buddy to the Wingate by Wyndham the next time that I come into town. After arriving I will NEVER stay at another hotel guaranteed! I even had to stay an additional night and was upgraded to a suite. Thanks for everything Wingate I'll be back soon.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank John W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belcamp
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bel Air
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
Sleep Inn & Suites Edgewood Near Aberdeen Proving Grounds
SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Aberdeen /Edgewood? Share your experiences!