“Best crabcake anywhere.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Hickory, North Carolina
“Best crabcake anywhere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

I lived in Bel Air, MD for 23 years. Riverside Pizza and her sister restaurant, Box Hill Pizzeria, have the best broiled crabcake you will find anywhere. Trust me on this one!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Dawn R

Bel Air, Maryland
“First Time Visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

My wife and I used a BMore Bargains coupon she bought on the internet which we use quite a lot to try new places. We were not disappointed at all. She said her crab cake (specialty of the house) was very good. Not creamy which is how she does not like it. I had a Caesar Salad and Ruben. Both were quite good. It is not fancy but was clean and roomy. The service was very good.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Irate_11
Uniontown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Good Luck”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

The place sounds great......but...

I am staying at the Candlewood right next door and have TRIED to eat there twice this in the last 7 days and have not been able to get a seat.

Bottom line - if you are hungry and don't plan ahead - go somewhere else.

• Visited July 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wow! Crab Cakes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I've stopped in here for the crab cakes for several years and visited again recently. They claim to be the best in Harford county. I can't verify that, but these are darn good. Plenty of lump and backfin crab with little filler. They tell me the best way is broiled and I don't argue. Nothing fancy in this restaurant - styrofoam plates and plastic utensils. This is actually a pizzaria, but I always get the crab cakes, so I can't comment on the other offerings. A bit expensive - $16 for the lunch special, but high quality is not cheap. I would have liked a bit of Old Bay with these to make it perfect.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank the_old_guy_60
Anna Maria Island, FL
“Outstanding Crab Cakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

OK, if you have eaten better crab cakes you must have been in heaven. We always make this our first stop when we return from staying the Winter in Florida and most always take our out-of-town guests. The cakes are full of good size crab meat & cooked to perfection. If I have ever add anything , it is a little Old Bay seasoning. We get the crab dinner, slaw, French fries, garlic bread and iced tea; but you can order several options, to include pizza. The photo must be near by but I do not recognize it. The Pizzeria is located in a small mall, off to the right as you enter from the main road. Alert, not a fancy table-cloth place, just a local place with plastic silver-ware, where many locals eat great Maryland crab cakes! Note: they have a side with service but we usually select the section with self-help. P.S. I just learned that they ship crab cakes!!

• Visited June 2013