“Average Food”
Review of The Hickory Lodge

The Hickory Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hickory Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 159 Restaurants in Bel Air
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Maryland
“Average Food”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Second time at this restaurant. Food is largely average. Prices are fairly steep for the quality and quantity. Apparently this place has a very nice bar that is a lot of fun. We were in the dining room which does have a sort of country/lodge feel. Nice interior.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Travelendad

“Sooo impressed!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

So I was meeting my niece and sister from Pennsylvania. We needed to find a halfway point. We chose Bel Air so we would have our choice of restaurants. Somehow on Trip Advisor I came across The Lodge. So we made a reservation. When I got there, I was a little taken back because it's road presence isn't the best (not bad, but unsure what to expect). I knew my sister and niece were already inside, so I parked and went in. I was so delighted by what I saw on the inside. The ambience made you feel you were high in the mountains in a ski lodge. Love the ski lift seats! The booths were huge, and fireplaces everywhere! We had a five minute wait so walked to the outside bar. Nice bar!!! We sipped a beer while we stood by one of the many outside fireplaces. We were quickly seated by the friendly hostess. Then our server came over. She was knowledgeable and helpful. We got the rosemary Alpine fries... Out of this world! Then our salad entrees came. We had the pear gargonzola salad and grilled romaine salads to share. We dove into the pear salad and were impressed. It was fresh and tasty. But it wasn't until we hit the grilled romaine salad (recommended by our server), that I knew we found an EXCELLENT meeting spot. I had NEVER had a tastier salad! It was fresh, and the slightly grilled flavor mixed with the cheese, tomatoes, and dressing just went together perfectly. I can't recommend The Lodge enough! After dinner we hung out outside again by the fireplaces and listened to country music while they were offering free mechanical bull riding. We got my niece on to ride. It was sooo much fun. We met great people fireside, as it was a cool spring night. I can highly recommend The Lodge as a fun, friendly, "different" place to go. We will be back!

2 Thank Bigsurwildflower
Parkton, Maryland
“Good TImes, Good Times!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

So when I went here, I saw a random woman hopping around in a mushroom suit giving her husband a piggy back ride. Apparently, they were from Baldwin, Maryland so that explains that. A lot of strange things happen in Baldwin but back to the topic. I ordered a hamburger and fries.. I was so amazed because if you think about it, the shape of a hamburger is a circle. It's like a giant version of a period on the end of a sentence so that inspired me to build a sentence out of hamburger meat. After I ate my food, I went into the bathroom and had diarrhea. It wasn't the food, I was feeling a little sick anyway. Man, every time I'd get ready to have the runs, someone would walk in so I would start singing In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida real loud to block out the sound of me having diarrhea. I came out feeling great but I was hungry again so I ordered a third burger because I kept the first one to use it for my hamburger meat sentence and ate the second. I enjoyed my food the third time around and then went out to get ice cream.

• Visited November 2013
Stewartstown, Pennsylvania
“Mediocre at Best”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Waitress was very good, attentive and prompt. Both ordered a specialty seasonal beer. Having drank this beer several times at other establishments and at home, it tasted very nasty. Dirty hoses on the keg ?? Wife's wrap was very soggy, my cheesesteak was extremely salty. Tasted like institutional food or just bad bar food at best.... would not recommend.

• Visited December 2013