Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bel Air
Torrance
“My Home Away from Home”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Over the last six months, this Country Inn has become a second home to me. The level of service and attention given here is amazing! The front desk staff check on you regularly to ensure your satisfaction and the housekeeping crew are very considerate about their early morning cleaning duties (I prefer to sleep in when I can, so I enjoy the extra quiet time). The hotel is fairly close to APG, for those working on post. Overall, the rooms are clean, and I am able to get enough rest to get my work duties done. Anyone who stops in here will be pleasantly surprised by the value this hotel provides.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Turkish first
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I'm a Marriot guy, and use to stay at the Springhill Suites next door - until one time they were full, so I ended up at this Country Inn & Suites. They treated me so well, I felt guilt on my next business trip when I stayed at Springhill Suites. I've been staying at this Country Inn ever since - about once a month, since last year. My latest trip was 16 - 19 July. Excellent as usual, providing me a room at the last minute. They are so good to everyone. Ask for Christie - she will take care of you like family.

Holmdel, New Jersey
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Enjoyed my stay at this brillant country inn every week. The staff were wonderful, always make you feel that you are part of the BIG family, especiall the warm HUGs from Kristy! The room was spotlessly clean and the grounds were well kept. the home made 'cookie' are always my favorite. Country Inn & Suites always makes me feel that I'm home again...

Room Tip: ask for Kristy's help...
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great location...but when I reserved my room I requested a non-smoking room, when we arrived the only room left was a smoking room. We had fre-breeze and I thought we would be OK but it was much worse than we expected. We requested that the house keeper replace the pillows, sheets and comforters since they smelled like smoke. As far as I could tell this did not happen.

The breakfast was terrible salty biscuits and gravy one morning and egg pucks and corned beef hash the next morning all very salty. The oat meal was thick and gopey and tasted like paste.

We used the pool and it needed to be cleaned and trash needed to be picked up around the pool as well. There were multiple hotel employees that hung out just outside the pool area smoking at all times. Then while we were there one of the employees and his wife and 3 kids decided they were going to use the pool. I do not think that employees and their families should be using the pool at a hotel.

The shared bathrooms on the first floor did not have soap in their dispensers when we were there.

Then when we checked out we had to deal with Bridget...she is extremely rude and disrespectful. I had to request a receipt for my stay and she made some noise like I was interrupting what ever she was doing. Then after she gave me the receipt I asked if this was the price for two days and she snottily said "YES it has tax on it too!." Then she stated that I had to sign the other receipt even though she was not planning on getting me a receipt to begin with.

As soon as I signed the receipt she stomped away and went outside to smoke a cigarette.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Wolfy_13
countryinnbelair, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen), responded to this review, July 19, 2013
So sorry to hear of your experience and our hotel and I do wish you contact us to discuss this issue. Since I do not know your name, I can not look up the details of the stay. I do know, that we do not switch rooms to smoking rooms, any room reserved is reserved as is, so we should not have had " just smoking left," unless this is the room type reserved.

I thank you for commenting on the breakfast and pointing out that the consistency of the oatmeal that day was not the best that it could be, and we will pay more attention to that.
The egg patties and hash are actually a favorite of guests here. They are prepared by a distributors to the taste and reviews of hotel guests in general.

Our staff are truly the best, and mentioned in numberous reviews as superb. At times perceptions are formed and we are not aware of how we are perceived.I thank you for bringing it to our attention.

By the way, we do not have a male employee , married with three children. It must have been an error.

If there is anything we can do for you, please call us.
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have consistently had excellent stays at this hotel - the personnel are courteous and professional and the accommodations are excellent. Would highly recommend it to others. Rooms is always clean and the it is located very conveniently for business travel in the area.

Bothell, Washington
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We chose this for the convenient location and were surprised at the friendliness and generous spirited staff. What started as just a place to stay, ended up like a visit with old friends! They helped us with site seeing suggestions and breakfast was better than expected. Great for a one-night stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Copperas Cove, Texas
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel was in a perfect location for our 30 day business trip. Easy access from 95 and is centrally located to all the other attractions. Ms Kristy made our arrangements for 7 people and she was able to move the dates since our requirements changed. Management allowed us to ship containers to the hotel and they stored them until we arrived and helps us arrange for their return. Our team was treated like family during our stay, the ladies at the breakfast meal would allow us to grab something early since we had to leave at 6 AM. During the dinner meal it was like sitting around the table with family and friends. I stayed in a studio suite for a month and it was perfect for me with the open living area. The only suggestion I would make is to add washers and dryers to every floor. There is only one set and it's on the 3rd floor. I have stayed at a lot of different hotels and locations but this was one of my best stays in a long, long time. Thank you so very much everyone!

Room Tip: They have different suite sizes and configurations so make sure you ask for something you like.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Air
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bel Air
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air
SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen
Wingate by Wyndham Aberdeen /Edgewood
Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)

Property: Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
Address: 1435 Handlir Dr, Bel Air, MD 21015-6602
Location: United States > Maryland > Bel Air
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bel Air
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen) 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Carlson, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn & Suites - Bel Air East Hotel Bel Air