Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1435 Handlir Drive, Bel Air, MD 21015   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bel Air
San Antonio, Texas
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed there for a long business trip. The place is clean, the employees are friendly. Breakfast is nice, especially waffles :). It has a good location. If I ever go back, I will definitely stay there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
countryinnbelair, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen), responded to this review, December 8, 2012
We love to hear you enjoyed it. Thank you for the note, thank you for time, and thank you for the opportunity. We hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I recently stayed here for business. The room is nice, 300sqft (including bathroom). Everything was clean. The TV had HDMI and component video inputs but the remote wouldn't allow access. The cleaning staff was friendly, amiable, and fluently spoke English. The room card worked the first day and needed to be replaced the second day. The wireless internet was good and enabled remote desktop access. The window whistled spookily when the wind blew but not loud enough to disturb sleep.

The "free" breakfast had items that appeared to be similar to bacon and scrambled eggs but the texture and taste did not correspond. There is a Waffle House just around the corner that provided authentic food.

This hotel has a great location being between the Aberdeen gate and the nice restaurants in Bel Air.

Room Tip: Stairs in the lobby provide easy access to the second floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for the review. Thank you for your kind comments about the room, the cleanliness and the staff. I apologize that the key needed to be reprogrammed. Magnet on keys is very sensitive and and contact with electronics gets them demagnatized. Very sorry.
The mystery breakfast is turkey bacon, which we alternate with the "real" bacon. Some guests prefer that for health reasons.

Again, I thank you for your time and would love to see you again.
Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend high school reunion. We chose a suite so we could invite another couple in for drinks and have somewhere to sit and relax. The suite worked perfectly for that. The hotel was convenient, well kept, and the room well decorated. The bed was comfortable. The suite had a sofa and chair, plus a fridge and microwave. The only real negative was the dining room -- it was way too small for the number of people at the hotel. There was a wait for the breakfast included in the price. One morning we waited and ate at the hotel. The next day we walked across to the Cracker Barrel because the wait looked too long. The breakfast we did have was good... Choice of cereals, fruit, waffle maker, juices, toast, coffee... Other than the wait for breakfast, this was a very nice place to stay for a reasonable price. The four stars instead of five is based on the dining room.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Amazed at how nice the hotel was for the price. Very spacy and comfortable cant think of anything else I would have wanted in the room. Have paid 250+ for much less quality an will stay here again when I come down from New York for another ballgame. One small suggestion would be to add more lighting to the bedroom.

Room Tip: Suites w the bedroom/living room combo sleep 3 comfortably
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Charlie V
Fort Buchanan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

This hotel like any other Country Inns and Suites has it standard amenities. What makes this location special is Cristy, hotel front desk clerk. I am disabled and had made a reservation one week prior and my profile was on file. When I arrived, Cristy remembered me but another hotel desk clerk was handling my check in. He placed me on the first floor at the end of the hallway. There were disability bars in the shower either. I realized that things would be different for me for the next 6 days if I didn't find another room at this or another hotel since the first hotel desk clerk did not offer any alternatives but this room.
I got into my room and unpacked, and low and behold Cristy called and offered to move me to room on the 2nd floor, near the elavator, with disabilty accessible bars in the bathroom. She personally came to my room, pack my things, and moved me to the new room. That was an act of true value to me and I want to congratulate whoever selected this employee because she truly understands the needs of the customer and acts with her better judgement to ensure not only comfort but hospitality, safety, and satisfaction of the client.
I thank you very much Cristy and wish you continued success in whatever you do in your life.

Sam McGuinness
Puerto Rico

PD: The other hotel desk clerk needs some sensitivity training.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor are the best. The 3rd floor have smoking rooms available and the smell is h...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We came down for the weekend to see our godson play in the Ripken tournament nearby. Arrived Friday night after experiencing some wicked storms while driving down from New York. Lightning had struck the hotel, which knocked out the elevators and the a/c in the lobby, played havoc with the wi-fi, and caused a power surge which knocked out about 30 new flat screen televisions in many of the rooms. Fortunately the hotel had power for the most part and the room we were given was not affected by the passing storms. Our room was spacious, clean, and had all the necessary amenities one would expect. I found the bed to be especially comfortable. The staff was generally excellent especially the women working in the breakfast room. The breakfast itself (which is included), while not extravagant, had your basic cereals, bagels, waffle maker, daily hot tray, etc. If you prefer something else there is a Cracker Barrel right next door. This was our first time staying at a Country Inn & Suites and we were quite pleased. Next time we are in the area, this hotel will be at the top of our list.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
bellflower
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

One thing I noticed at this nice country side suites is their breakfast special and it`s 8 days a week!!! Can`t go wrong on this deal!!! This is one of the best place in town especially when
travelling with family and kids. Their rooms are clean and service is very swift.The staff are very
courteous and helpful.---brod pit from L.A.

Room Tip: Lowest floor is convenient and near the breakfast table.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Air
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bel Air
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen
Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air
SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Bel Air - Aberdeen

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)

Property: Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
Address: 1435 Handlir Drive, Bel Air, MD 21015
Location: United States > Maryland > Bel Air
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bel Air
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen) 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn And Suites - Bel Air East