“A Hometown Gem”

Ranked #1 of 9 Coffee & Tea in Bel Air
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have been frequenting Tea By Two since they opened. I have always received friendly and attentive service. My favorite tea has to be the Vanilla with Pieces, a tasty decaf black tea with flecks of vanilla bean. I've never had anything but hot, perfectly brewed tea that I can't stop drinking! The atmosphere is refreshing; not too stuffy, but just enough to make you feel like you're at a unique and special place. The food is very tasty, from the Lobster Bisque to the various scones and unique desserts. Their Chocolate Lovers Tea in February is to die for! My friends and I celebrate my birthday there every year, guys and girls alike! It is perhaps feminine, but none of the men in my group feel out of place. In fact, every year, they ask if I'm still planning to have my party there! If I had any complaints, I'd say that occasionally I have found the icing on some of the cakes to be too sweet for my liking, and at twenty dollars for High Tea, I can't go as often as I'd like!

2  Thank Jessica D

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I've been to many tearooms in various states and in England and have usually been satified by the efforts made in elegance, food quality and tea quality. Tea By Two fails in 2 of the 3. The small tearoom was pretty, with lovely tablecloths, fresh flowers in tiny vases, elegant tea-intensive decor. What was disappointing was the food, especially the sweets

. My daughter and I went there together and we each ordered high tea which included a tasty salad, a few tiny sandwiches, a large scone each and sweets. The scone was almond flavored and was crisp and shortbread-like. The tiny sandwiches were good. The "clotted cream" was certainly not clotted (it may have been cream), the lemon curd was from a bottle. I didn't like any of the tiny sweet cakes and cookies. They were all over- sweet and cloying, with none of them standing out as being delicious. Then there was the tea. I ordered darjeeling, which I expected to arrive in its own teapot, steeping, awaiting my pouring it out into my elegant cup through a strainer. When it arrived without the strainer, i was suspicious and, sure enough, there were no tea leaves in there. It was already pre steeped. What's up with that? Can't I be trusted to let my own tea steep to perfection?

Overall, I was pretty disappointed. I really expect tearooms to be a perfect experience in tea, tiny sandwiches and delicious sweets. They don't need to be original, but what they serve should be really good of its kind. After all, we were charged $20 each for a little salad, 4 teeny sandwiches, a scone with fake lemon curd and not clotted cream, 4 inedible sweet things and a pot of underbrewed tea!

4  Thank Acadianwoman
Reviewed August 30, 2012

They serve many flavored teas. It can be an enjoyable time with lady friends since it is frilly. One time there my tea was served cold and the cookie very hard. It is a little pricey for what you get.

2  Thank Liz H
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The atmosphere, food, shop and wait service are wonderful. It's a one of a kind experience and definitely leans to the feminine. However, great date as well.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Wonderful, relaxing time for tea. The food was high quality and the choices of tea were numerous.