“Great food and a cozy atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sean Bolan's Pub

Sean Bolan's Pub
Ranked #7 of 157 Restaurants in Bel Air
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Weston, Florida
“Great food and a cozy atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

We visited Sean Bolan's Pub for the first time while visiting family in Bel Air and wish they would open one in our hometown! The place is small but very cozy - giving it a very warm neighborhood atmosphere. While it's called an Irish pub, they have a variety of food on their menu - I tried the bangers and mash while my husband had the stuffed cabbage. As appetizers we had the steamed clams (a special) and the Old Bay wings (folks in MD love their Old Bay!). Dessert was bread pudding for my husband and Bailey's Irish Creme cheesecake for me. The cheesecake was light and a great way to end the meal. We don't drink but our family enjoyed the beer - of which they have a huge variety. Our waitress was new - only 2 weeks on the job - but did a great job with service and was extremely friendly. There is entertainment on the weekends at Sean Bolan's but we dined too early for it. I'd definitely recommend Sean Bolan's Pub if you are visiting the area.

• Visited March 2014

Bel Air, Maryland
“Neighborhood favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Bolan's offers well prepared simple fair. Sounds like a contradiction but come on and find out for yourself that this is a Bel Air emerald gem. The service is both friendly and effectient.

• Visited February 2014
Junction City, Kansas
“I would give it a 5 if they had a little more authentic cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is not real Irish food like I was brought up on. It was kind of a fusion type food between American favorites and Irish favorites leaning more towards the Irish side. I loved their fried green tomatoes I wish we got more for the price I paid for them though. My wife and I split some of their seafood chowder and bangers and mash. It was all very good and well worth the money paid for the meal.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank ryan1357
Abingdon, MD
“Great Place to Visit in Beal Air”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Met friends on New Years Eve for an early, casual dinner and had a great time. Arrived around 5:00 and it wasn't very crowded.

We sat in the upstairs dining room overlooking Main Street. Husband had the salmon spinach wrap with house made chips that he really enjoyed. I ordered the cream of crab soup and a Reuben. The cream of crab was a little thin but had plenty of large lumps of crab, and I'm looking forward to having it again. The Reuben was large and also very good. My friend and I were feeling nostalgic and ordered whiskey sours and the guys ordered beer. All good and the prices were more than reasonable.

The only negative was the service. Our server seemed like she really didn't want to be there. We had to ask if there any specials and she wasn't even sure how one was prepared and didn't seem interested in finding out. She was inattentive throughout the meal and spent more time chatting with the bartender and others at the bar than paying attention to us. Took forever to get the check. And there was a display on the table that said on Tuesdays (which it was) the Reuben's were half price. The check had full price. When I questioned the error she said "we aren't doing that". I pointed out the sign on the table and she argued with me, finally saying she would "go ask the bartender". They did adjust the check though it was still more than half. But not worth another argument. And we are used to spending a lot more for a lot less so we let it go.

In any event we will be going back. Great food, reasonable prices, nice atmosphere and we have a good chance of getting another server next time so worth a shot.

• Visited December 2013
Gunpowder, MD
“Customer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I had the best fish and chips outside Edinburgh at Sean Bolans! Our party of 6 were not disappointed by anything. What a treasure!!