“Best Pub in area”

Dining options: Late Night
Bel Air, Maryland
“Best Pub in area”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Joe the Chef's specials are always spectacular and they pour a good Guinness. Wish I were there today

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Bradley B

Bel Air, Maryland
“Good Food, and NOT a chain”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I have eaten at Sean Bolan's several times over the last couple of years, and have always had good meals here. For our most recent meal, I started with their Brazilian tomato soup. This is a creamy, spicy soup that was quite satisfying. While the spice level was fine, it wasn't hot enough (from a temperature perspective). My wife had their chicken dinner, which was grilled and served with a mushroom cream sauce, along with champ (Irish mashed potatoes) and spinach. She said her dinner was very good. I had one of the specials for the night, 'Apple pork'. Pork tenderloin filled with apples and stuffing, served with small potatoes and asparagus. Again, very tasty but not hot enough.

The portions are very large, and we both had leftovers. My wife's entry was a very reasonable, $12.95, but I though mine was a little pricey at $22.95. I also had a Woody Creek, which is a Belgian White. I thought it was a little watery.

Service was good, and I'm happy to support a local business. While this was just a regular night out, we've also done special event dinners there too.

• Visited August 2013
Maryland
“Excellent Ruben and Fresh Pretzles”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We enjoy Sean Bolan's Pub for lunch a couple times a year, for many years. The food is excellent. Upstairs there are TV's. Service is good. I also like their fried fish and chips and their stew covered with mashed potatoes.

• Visited June 2013
Havertown, Pennsylvania
“Trifecta!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Heading down to Baltimore 7/27/13 looking for a place to stop for a cold beer and a nice lunch...
found good reviews on Trip Advisor for Sean Bolan's in Bel Air...the feel the minute you walk in is one of comfortable Irish Pubbery! Greeted cheerily by the owner and bartender, Dan. We sat at a high top in the bar. The beer selection was awesome, posted on a large chalk board with different selections from around the country and Ireland, and the waitress was very nice and friendly. I ordered a half and half which was served in a newly designed Guinness glass which they allowed me to easily purchase when through. The Irish spring rolls were awesome, as well as the grilled chicken sandwich with mozzarella cheese and a couple other things on it. The fries were steak fries, perfectly served. We told the waitress we were splitting the sandwich and fries and she served it just that way, with each of us having our own plate. Not every place does that. Great beer, Great food, Great service...Trifecta!
We will be back!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank KG42
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Great Irish Pub!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was in Bel Air for the Independence Day parade. After a long day in the heat, we were all ready for a cold one. This is one of the best little bars I've ever visited. I've never received such excellent service at a bar. The drinks were quick and expertly made. Also tried the house reuben sandwich (which - let me warn you - is one SERIOUS meal in itself). FANTASTIC! I only get to Maryland maybe once a year, but I'm hoping to make this place a tradition!

• Visited July 2013

Been to Sean Bolan's Pub? Share your experiences!