“Exceptional experience!”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bel Air
Baltimore
“Exceptional experience!”
Reviewed March 24, 2010

I couldn't be more pleased with a hotel at such a reasonable rate! A nice, clean and welcoming hotel that was truly a home away from home for me, a business traveler! I highly recommend Springhill Suites to anyone needing to stay overnight in the area.

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank johnstripadv

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 27, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Spring Hill Suites for a friends wedding along with an extended stay and we thought what a deal for everything that you get at Spring Hill. We had a wonderful King size suite, mini living room/ office area and a small fridge/microwave kitchen area. Mariotte is having a buy 2 get one night free as long as you stay on the weekends...so we took advantage of this offer and extended our stay so we could go visit Baltimore City.
The morning Free breakfast is absolutely wonderful... you have your regular continental breakfast items breads, jelly's, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, but then they also have a hot bar as well where you can make your own sausage egg muffin, or a waffle with blueberries, oatmeal with which you could add your own nuts, cinnamon, raisins ect... they were lacking in the fruit but they did offer fresh apples everyday and there where dole fruit cups available in the morning as well as yogurt, cereal, and they always had fresh coffe the entire day through.
The rooms were very spaciouse perfect for an extended stay, 2 flat screen TV's, and when we first checked in our room smelled like a smoking room... we simply called the front desk and we had another room in just a few minutes.
I would love going back to this hotel anytime... and well I am a pretty picky person when it comes to cleanliness and luxury~

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ajoytotravel
Connecticut
Reviewed August 3, 2009

My wife and daughters stayed at this hotel after a long drive going to Sox game at Camden Yards. Had the two queen and sofabed suite and were very happy with the room. Short 35 min drive to the ballpark.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 18, 2009

I'm a baseball fan, and loved Cal Ripken, but this was the pits. Our original plan was for a three-night stay while visiting family nearby. We cut out after the first night, since the place was over-run by unruly young/teenage boys (and their uncaring socializing parents) attending baseball camps/tournaments at the nearby Ripken baseball facilities. There was a security "guard" who wandered around, but the boys simply ran away to avoid him, screaming in the halls as they did. No fun for us or our young children who were trying to sleep. I complained and received a 20% discount, but no true apology. The rooms, by the way, were less-than adequate with below-standard furnishings/bedding/bathroom. Breakfast offerings were paltry; we headed to the Cracker Barrel next door instead. With the slim pickings in Bel Air and its proximity to I-95, this place could work in a pinch, but only if it's not baseball season. Check ahead!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Naples, FL
Reviewed July 17, 2009

We have family in the area with a full house, so have stayed at this hotel twice (five nights total) in the last eighteen months. The price is a little hard to take, given that summer specials in downtown D.C. hotels made some of the four-star places more affordable than this budget hotel. But there aren't many options if you want to be in a safe area near Bel Air/Aberdeen/Forest Hill. It's clean, the service is great, breakfast good, restaurants nearby, indoor pool, right off the interstate. We will stay here again when visiting family.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Virginia
Reviewed July 1, 2009

We were to stay here for one night at the end of June. It was the final leg of a business/leisure trip. We left Burlington, Vermont in the late morning and stopped off a number of fun places. At 6 p.m., I called the hotel to confirm our reservation for the evening and to make sure we were guaranteed for late arrival as we were still aways away. Sure enough, we didn't drive in until a little after midnight. Since I had called earlier to confirm, I wasn't too worried. Well, I should have been.

The person at the front desk informed us that they had overbooked and that no rooms were available. Tired from a long day, all I could do is to stand there with a look of disbelief. He said that he would call next door and set us up in a room at the Country Inn and Suites. So, we drove to the Country Inn. The woman there wasn't the friendliest person in the world. At one point, she asked what kind of room we wanted. I answered incorrectly -- I said I wanted a room comparable to what we would have received at the Springhill SUITES. When we entered our room, yep, no suite. At this point it was after 1 a.m., so we just went to bed -- although I must admit I did not sleep at all -- I was angry. In the morning, I have never seen such a poor excuse for a breakfast. I didn't mind too much until we trucked back over to Springhill to try to figure out our bill. I saw its breakfast -- very nice -- made me more angry. The man at the front desk was exceedingly rude and when we asked for the bill, said that we weren't in the system because our reservation had been cancelled. So now, we don't know what our bill is, they swiped our credit card at Springhill the night before, and we weren't being treated well.

I don't think I would have quite so angry if I hadn't taken the time to call earlier in the day to confirm my reservation and to inform them that we would be arriving very late. In this day and age, this is inexcusable. We travel a lot -- all over the country -- and will try to avoid any sort of Marriott properties for the time being. I will NOT reward bad behavior.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Baltimore
Reviewed January 12, 2009

Stayed for one night. Looked like a growing area. Lot of construction and new buildings. This hotel looks pretty new from outside. I got a room on the first floor and it had a plasma/LCD tv. Was a very nice room. Nice front desk staff. No problems. The brand is kind of a mix between a courtyard and a residence inn. I enjoyed it. Very practical.

Stayed January 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Air
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bel Air
Wingate by Wyndham Aberdeen /Edgewood
Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Bel Air - Aberdeen
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South

Been to SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen? Share your experiences!