“Don't reward bad behavior”

SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bel Air
Reviewed July 1, 2009

We were to stay here for one night at the end of June. It was the final leg of a business/leisure trip. We left Burlington, Vermont in the late morning and stopped off a number of fun places. At 6 p.m., I called the hotel to confirm our reservation for the evening and to make sure we were guaranteed for late arrival as we were still aways away. Sure enough, we didn't drive in until a little after midnight. Since I had called earlier to confirm, I wasn't too worried. Well, I should have been.

The person at the front desk informed us that they had overbooked and that no rooms were available. Tired from a long day, all I could do is to stand there with a look of disbelief. He said that he would call next door and set us up in a room at the Country Inn and Suites. So, we drove to the Country Inn. The woman there wasn't the friendliest person in the world. At one point, she asked what kind of room we wanted. I answered incorrectly -- I said I wanted a room comparable to what we would have received at the Springhill SUITES. When we entered our room, yep, no suite. At this point it was after 1 a.m., so we just went to bed -- although I must admit I did not sleep at all -- I was angry. In the morning, I have never seen such a poor excuse for a breakfast. I didn't mind too much until we trucked back over to Springhill to try to figure out our bill. I saw its breakfast -- very nice -- made me more angry. The man at the front desk was exceedingly rude and when we asked for the bill, said that we weren't in the system because our reservation had been cancelled. So now, we don't know what our bill is, they swiped our credit card at Springhill the night before, and we weren't being treated well.

I don't think I would have quite so angry if I hadn't taken the time to call earlier in the day to confirm my reservation and to inform them that we would be arriving very late. In this day and age, this is inexcusable. We travel a lot -- all over the country -- and will try to avoid any sort of Marriott properties for the time being. I will NOT reward bad behavior.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen

Reviewed January 12, 2009

Stayed for one night. Looked like a growing area. Lot of construction and new buildings. This hotel looks pretty new from outside. I got a room on the first floor and it had a plasma/LCD tv. Was a very nice room. Nice front desk staff. No problems. The brand is kind of a mix between a courtyard and a residence inn. I enjoyed it. Very practical.

Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed June 13, 2008

In may, 15-22nd , 2008 four of us stayed at springhill suites for a week,to attend a college graduation and sight see the area. We were in a suite that easily fit four adults without running into each other constantly, the little kitchen area, desk area, lounging area with additional tv was like a little apartment away from the 2 queen beds with half wall separation. The bath area was very convenient for us with the shower and toilet in one room and the sink area away from it. made it easy for 3 women and one man to prepare to go anywhere. The breakfast was good with many choices including waffles and sausage and eggs,, and many breads, fruits etc., yogurt, juices, bottled water, coffee,,,all good. The service was superb at the desk and maid service, in fact, they hated to see us leave, like old pals. I certainly would and will stay at springhill suites if the occasion arrises again. Easy walk to cracker barrel and a new little strip almost done, almost on the property. Did not have trouble getting to other places to eat with rental car. The hotel is fairly new and decorated very nicely and user friendly. Thanks to the staff of springhill suites.
Retterath, Schanz and Geisen from North Dakota

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank imnotcrabby
Reviewed March 28, 2008

Nice hotel, it has expanded in the past 2 years and is in a growing area. They are currently building a wine Bar/Restaurant next door to the hotel. Good location one mile off of I 95 and about 30 minutes north of Baltimore.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 1, 2008

My family stayed at this hotel for one night. We were very impressed with how clean it was. It is a new hotel with modern decor. The hotel's windows open for fresh air. We would definetely stay there again.

Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed October 11, 2007

This SpringHill Suites was definitely a good deal, and convenient to the highway. The room was spacious and very nice, with a microwave, small refrigerator, and a pleasant seating area set apart from the bedroom. The free breakfast was somewhat below average compared to other free breakfasts we've had at other Marriotts and Hampton Inns. The halls seemed to be under renovation (at least I hope they are) because the wallpaper in the stairwells was half peeled off and the trim on the corridor walls was partially off, leading to a less-than-attractive appearance. The people were friendly, however, and the room was great!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2007

Stayed here while my son was at a Cal Rikpen baseball playoff. All the marriott suites are nice that I have been in. The service was friendly and attentive. The rooms were very clean and beautifully decorated.

Everything looked new and the room came with a small fridge. Nice mattress, sheets and plenty of pillows.

There was cigarette smell in the room the entire time even though smoking is not allowed. I was sure where it came from since we were on the third floor.

Breakfast was free and the selection was ok. The dining area was small and tended to be overcrowded. They had a small indoor pool and workout area.

I would stay here again. Great room for the price.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank allmotorchick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Air
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bel Air
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air
Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen
Wingate by Wyndham Aberdeen /Edgewood

Been to SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen? Share your experiences!