“Great Overnight Stay”

SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bel Air
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Nice size rooms, clean, comfortable beds, free newspaper, hot coffee all day
Nice size seating area/lobby/breakfast area - you can use it to gather together with friends and family and have few drinks or eat dinner/lunch you brought from outside
Hotel pool was fun for kids (plenty of towels)
Breakfast was buzy. Plenty of choices - cereal, oatmeal, milk, yougurt, pastries ( at least 4 kinds), boiled eggs, fruits, cheese, slices of ham.

No name toiletries. We kept fan and air condition on.

Hotel is off I-95 exit 80, address says Bel-Air but downtown of Bel-Air is about 10 miles away on Rt.24&Churchville. Nearby area is called Riverside - there is ShopRite shopping center, Crocker Barrel and small plaza next to Fairfield. There are also 5 other hotels right next to Fairfield - Extendeded Stay, Country Inn, Candlewood Suites, Homewood Suites. Area is quiet.
For more variety - look up Bel-Air and Aberdeen. Aberdeen is exit 85 and Bel-Air is exit 77.
Bel-Air exit has Wal-Mart and Target by highway. Bel-Air has all the major chains ...There are multiple shopping centers along Rt.24. Main Street has several local eating places that were very buzy mid-week evening.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed for 1 night with my wife and older son. While the room was nice, there was nothing remarkable here to warrant the $180/ night price. The breakfast offered was acceptable but mediocre. There was a rear exterior door which was broken and did not lock.....hardly reassuring from a security standpoint. There are a number of hotels in this general area and I would compare before staying again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. The only thing they need to improve upon is to make the breakfast hotter. This could be done by placing the food in metal heating trays. They could also increase the heat in the hot tub for the guests. Overall the facilities and the room were very clean. The staff was friendly and welcoming. I felt the price was a little steep. We have stayed at many of these suites and they are much nicer for less money.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed her for 2 nights for a weekend getaway. We had 5 people & were able to get a suite with 2 Doubles & pull out sofa. The room has roomy & very clean. We actually just slept there. We traveled to Arlington National, DC & Baltimore, MD. It's located close the major highway so traveling is easy. We had the breakfast our first morning, but the hotel was fully booked & there were long lines & waiting to get a waffle. They actually had little league-ers there for a tournament which made it extra crowded. We never had time to use the pool, which seemed small & with the little leaguers using it looked over crowded. There are plenty of nearby restaurants. I'd recommend it to families for sure.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were quoted $169 per night when we made the reservations. Then at check in, it was confirmed at $169 per each night of our stay. Then on day of check out, we received bill under door for over $200 per night. The lady at the desk said sorry, there is nothing she can do. Then my husband demanded to speak to a manager. She said sorry, no manager today. So my husband demanded she call the manager in on his day off. Then she said "oh, I guess you do get the $169 rate." Better Business Bureau, here I come.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel. There are plenty in Aberdeen. This hotel was loud, with kids running up an...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank FamilyofFun5
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had a one night stay in May 2013. I have never stayed a Springhill Suites however travel often. I stay at all levels of hotels so I am not difficult to please normally. I do expect a few things of any level of hotel. Cleanliness is top of my list as well as being in a safe location. Customer service is also important. I am typically brand loyal however due to the options in the area I selected the Springhill which is a Marriott property.

Location:
Very close off interstate
Cracker Barrel is in short walking distance. There is also a "pub" and a pizza hut in the same parking lot. Cant comment on any of these. There is strip mall (not in walking distance) but a short 5 minute drive. Other food options in a short driving distance. If you have GPS you will be fine. I used Google maps to check out the area.

Check-in:
Quick- just had to showed my credit card and photo id. There was a small issue that was quickly resolved

Impressions of hotel:
Nice staff- I was only there for a short period of time
There is a very small indoor pool. I guess if you are a kid you would enjoy.
My room was clean, well-kept, and very spacious. I was pleasantly surprised as I have low expectations to be honest. The hotel was sooo quiet and the AC was not too loud. Did a great job of keeping the room a comfortable sleeping temp
Nice seating area. Minifridge, microwave, and additional sink good addition.

Breakfast:
It was a decent spread. scrambled eggs, hardboil eggs, turkey sausage, waffle station, bagels, English muffins, bread, doughnuts, instant oatmeal, cereal, and yogurt. There were various toppings for the bagels and for the waffles. It was all decent and seemed to be well stocked.

No cut fruit that I can remember but I do recall whole fruit. There was apple juice, oj, and water in addition to coffee and hot water for tea/hot coco. Just for the record- the coffee was properly hot.

What is up with having just one waffle maker? Maybe it is only busy on the weekend? It was very busy around 9am. There was lots of seating and there is a large tv in the area.

Cons:
Wow those hallways were hot. It was odd because most other common spaces and my room was a comfortable temperature.

I went for a coffee in the late afternoon. The coffee, although "free" with the price of my hotel room, was lukewarm at best. If they only want to offer coffee in the morning that is fine. However if they have coffee out later in the day I don't think it is too much to ask to have it a proper drinking temp. Maybe hotels could invest in one of those on demand coffee brewing systems. Honestly it was no biggie. It was just disappointing. I have encountered this at other hotels.

Price- I thought 157 a night was a little steep. It was a weekend stay so perhaps this is typical for the area.

Room Tip: Inquire if there are kids in the hotel. Asked to placed away from them. There are often baseball kid...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank pegasus04
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Nothing crazy for this place. Check-in was quick but a bit short and rooms are large. Beds were fairly comfortable. The most pleasant thing was the breakfast attendant was beyond pleasant. She did a great job of keeping the wide variety of food stocked and even offered to help me make a waffle. I really appreciated her help. The gym has 2 treadmills, an ellyptical (all 3 with small TVs on them), and some dumbbells. Overall, this place is a fine place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Air
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bel Air
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air
Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Bel Air - Aberdeen

Been to SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen? Share your experiences!