“Stayed for a basball tournament”

SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bel Air
PA
“Stayed for a basball tournament”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

We were in town with our U10 baseball team. There were several teams staying at this hotel and it was sold out for the night we stayed. The front desk was very accommodating in so many ways. We wanted to look at menu's in the area and they had a wide varity of menus to look at. It's right next door to a pub and Pizza Hut. By the time our food arrived the common area was so full that we couldn't fit in the area. The front desk quickly came up with the idea that we could use the conference room to gather.
The rooms were large, 2 queen beds and a sofa bed, 2 TV's. the bed was very comfortable. The front desk was nice enough to give us all late check out so we didn't have to pack up before our 9am game. Breakfast was busy with so many teams, but they refreshed things as quick as possible. I would recommend they have more then one waffle maker. There was a line all morning.
The pool area was over crowded with so many teams in town. I would have an extra employee in the area for crowd control.
Overall it was a great experience and we would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Ontario
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Just staying here now. Suites are very big and nicely appointed. Nice big breakfast room and decent gym. The bed is a very comfortable pillow top. Location is right off the highway. It was a little noisy but not bad.

Nice hotel overall.

• Stayed April 2013
Annapolis
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very spacious and clean room with 2 TV's. Staff handled breakfast crunch well. Hampton Inn breakfast seems to be a bit better quality and variety. Pool area and hot tub needed more staff attention but they were heavily used by little leaguers.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and some co-workers stayed at the Marriott. The room was put on the company tab. When the guys got there they were told they needed a credit card on file for movies, use of phones and etc. The guys asked if they could just block those items like most hotels do. They told them no they still needed a C.C. Understandable. Were told the card would have a hold for 24 hours on it for 120. The next day every single one of the guys had 120 charged to there c.c twice. (7 guys 7 rooms) This is ridiculous. I have been a manager at two brand name hotels and this I can tell you is a lack of training your front desk. This should never have happened. When it did happen and the guys went back down two days later they were told by other employee they could have blocked the services with out putting on the c.c. Then when one of the guys asked to pay cash for dry cleaning he was told no he needed to use a new c.c (since the one they pulled 240 was now maxed) The gentleman asked if they were only going to pull out the amount for dry-cleaning was told yes. Next day there is other charge for 120 on the card from the company. I then became upset on behalf of these guys (all military veterans) and called the hotel to get a line from the front desk they were looking into it and these matters take time. That is when I told the front desk clerk that I use to manage a hotel and that is a line that I am not taking. Then she started back tracking I asked her if she was the manager because I know only a manager can get into the system to look at the financials the way they needed to be. Was informed no the manger is out would you like his VM. SERIOUSLY! I can understand if it was a weekend that I was calling, but I was calling on a Thursday at 11am. I would highly recommend they retrain their staff. I am also going to talk to my husband and the other guys and encourage them to talk to the manager about finding other accommodations in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple days the proper was clean but the heater/ac unit rattled so bad I turned it off. It would come on randomly because the thermostat must be broke on it. Blankets are also a tad thin as well. My room was somewha awkward with a tv in the middle between the sitting space and the bed it was very hard to see from either location. Wifi is free but slow suggest bringing your 4G.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lakewood, New Jersey
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stay here fairly often. Never had a problem, staff is very accomodating and friendly. Location is very convenient to Baltimore and not that expensive, located right off of I-95. Pool and work out facilities are adequate and seldom crowded. Breakfast service is OK, but it can be a little crowded since it is free. Not a lot of restaurant options close by.

Room Tip: Get a room in the front, the back faces I 95.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We are staying here right now due to a water pipe breaking at our house. Very accomodating staff. The lady at the front desk was very nice in explaining upfront that if you use a debit card, they put a hold of $40 more and it isn't taken off for about 5-7 days afterwards. Many places don't take the time to think of telling you something like that. Breakfast was pretty good this morning - eggs, bacon, fruit, all kinds of drinks, bagels, muffins, etc. I think there might have been a waffle machine too...not sure..I didn't quite make it down to that end of the line! They gave me extra towels when I asked for them. The only couple of things that I had issues with were 1) the heat works great but it doesn't really find it's way to the sitting area and bathroom as it should and 2) the water takes a LONG time to get hot. Other than that, it's been a great stay and we are staying again tonight. PS: The cleaning lady is here as I write this, and she is vacuuming and dusting..even though we've only been here one night! Very nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sallyannd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Air
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bel Air
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air
Wingate by Wyndham Aberdeen /Edgewood
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Bel Air - Aberdeen

Been to SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen? Share your experiences!