“Welcoming”

SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bel Air
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed here for some much needed time away. The beds are comfortable, I have never had any problem with the property. The last time I stayed, they had a football tournament going on, so all the young people were there. But they didnt disturb me to much. I couldnt get the Tv to work and the young man that tried to help me didnt do such a good job. But we finally got the tv and remote to work together. Very good location.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kenneygirl

Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed one night while visiting family in Colora. Front desk staff was friendly and attentive. Convenient location, within 20 min of movie theatre, restaurants, and not too far to venture into Baltimore. Nightly rate was decent considering the holidays and other hotel options in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank kandice292
Reviewed November 28, 2012

When one uses a Marriott owned property it is usually a pleasant experience so I booked a 5 night stay here. The receptionist was a clueless teenager that took forever to find my reservations but my patience was tested .The suite was supposedly redone recently , it was clean and average sized but not IMO worth the $130- 143/night they command.
Within 30 minutes of retiring my sinuses had a histaminic reaction that filled my nasal areas. I sneezed and dripped mucus to the point that I finally turned on the lights and started searching for the source...aha....feather pillows.
I replaced them with the extra foam pillows in the closet and turned in again for needed sleep. Once again, about 30 minutes later, the same reaction so I gave up and went back to the sofa and watched television for a few hours.The reaction subsided so I tried to return to the bed only to be overwhelmed by another mucus moment . I gave up and returned to the sofa with my foam pillow and dozed till morning.
We cancelled the remaining 4 nights and left. I rarely have allergies to bedding and can only suspect that the mattress is old and infested with dust mites or a family of cats resided there for the week prior to my stay.

Room Tip: Demand a new mattress or walk.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Curt J
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at this property twice in October. Once on our way down to Florida and also on our way back. Both stays were very good. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast has enough variety to get you going. We especially like the separate sleeping and rest area in the room. I agree with the comment about the lack of a freezer compartment in the fridge.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ted B
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Our stay is 7 weeks. The bed is very comfortable and the room is large. But - the small refrigerator does not have a freezer compartment which is very inconvenient, on a few occasions there has been no hot water in the morning and the staff is equally luke warm - exuding the rock bottom in customer service and pleasantries. Examples; the chair at the desk raises only high enough to put my laptop at chest level so I have asked 3 different people if I could switch it from a vacant room and the answer has been varying stages of No. Huh? Is there a FedEx nearby... well they'd have to look it up so why don't I just go to the post office. Huh? That kind of thing but I attribute this to the regional lack of friendly service wherever we go here.

The breakfast is your standard fare. Scrambled eggs, sausage, oatmeal, waffles, bread items, yogurt, cereal, etc. Fat free cream cheese for the bagels so get your own and keep it in the fridge. It is fine the first 3 days and then you're going to want to go to Cracker Barrel. The evening appetizers are not always identifiable other than having been previously frozen food-like substances with the exception of the lasagna which is easy enough to identify yet knowing what it is does not make it easier to eat.

My room has 2 TV's. They don't get the same channels so I wonder about that. There is not a lot of counter space in the bathroom area so I put the living room table in there due to the absence of under-sink cupboards or drawers.

The laundry is $2 per load to wash and $2 to mostly dry. Because you can't add a few quarters to add increments of time to the dryer you have to pay $4 if you want dry clothes or take your chances that your clothes will finish drying while hanging in the closet.

This is not an extended stay hotel so the duration of our stay is daunting. The bed, however, is very comfortable.

Room Tip: Third floor has less hotel noise but request a room away from the patio.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Another great Marriott property, I must say Marriott has to be the most consistant hotel company in the world. All there brands are outstanding in their own ways however I am growing an increase fondness for SpringHill Suites. The rooms are big, the beds are comfortable and they offer a nice breakfast.

The location of this hotel is excellent, right off I95 makes it idea for any road trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank BBChef
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I have stayed at this location on numerous business trips and have never been disappointed. Hotel is very close to any amenity needed. Rooms are always clean and the staff is the best I've ever experienced. Would not consider staying any where else.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Air
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bel Air
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bel Air/Aberdeen, MD
Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air
Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen - Chesapeake House

Been to SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen? Share your experiences!