“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bel Air
Philadelphia, PA
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2008

Nice hotel, it has expanded in the past 2 years and is in a growing area. They are currently building a wine Bar/Restaurant next door to the hotel. Good location one mile off of I 95 and about 30 minutes north of Baltimore.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
formerly from Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2008

My family stayed at this hotel for one night. We were very impressed with how clean it was. It is a new hotel with modern decor. The hotel's windows open for fresh air. We would definetely stay there again.

Stayed December 2007
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2007

This SpringHill Suites was definitely a good deal, and convenient to the highway. The room was spacious and very nice, with a microwave, small refrigerator, and a pleasant seating area set apart from the bedroom. The free breakfast was somewhat below average compared to other free breakfasts we've had at other Marriotts and Hampton Inns. The halls seemed to be under renovation (at least I hope they are) because the wallpaper in the stairwells was half peeled off and the trim on the corridor walls was partially off, leading to a less-than-attractive appearance. The people were friendly, however, and the room was great!

• Liked — the room
  • Disliked — the breakfast and the shabby looking corridors
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2007

Stayed here while my son was at a Cal Rikpen baseball playoff. All the marriott suites are nice that I have been in. The service was friendly and attentive. The rooms were very clean and beautifully decorated.

Everything looked new and the room came with a small fridge. Nice mattress, sheets and plenty of pillows.

There was cigarette smell in the room the entire time even though smoking is not allowed. I was sure where it came from since we were on the third floor.

Breakfast was free and the selection was ok. The dining area was small and tended to be overcrowded. They had a small indoor pool and workout area.

I would stay here again. Great room for the price.

• Liked — The decor and the clean rooms
  • Disliked — The cigarette smell in the room even though smoking is prohibited
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank allmotorchick
Germania, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2006

This hotel is very good for traveling with groups. Rooms are clean and well maintained. Staff was very nice and accomodating. All rooms come with mini fridge and microwave. Hotel has a small indoor pool which was warm, and a whirlpool which fits about 8 people. The only problem was the lack of towels in the pool area, but the front desk gave them to you if you asked. The continental breakfast had a good selection of items. Had a good time and would recommend to others.

Stayed September 2006
1 Thank LadyTraveler5050
Sicklerville, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2006

My family and I (myself, husband, son (21) and daughter (17) stayed at Spring Hill Suites in Bel Air, Md from Aug. 4th through Aug. 6th. We were visiting Baltimore for the weekend and didn't want to pay the high prices the downtown Baltimore hotels were offering. Spring Hill Suites is located about 15 north of Baltimore right off Interstate 95. It was very easy to travel back and forth.

We arrived about 10:30 p.m. and were given room #302. I had previously requested a non-smoking room with 2 beds on the highest floor and that's exactly what I got. The room was updated and very clean. It appeared as if it had been recently redone. The room had 2 double beds, a sitting room with a pull out bed and a kitchette with microwave, sink and refrigerator. The bathroom was immaculate and the shower worked great. We never heard any noise during the 2 nights we were there.

The hotel provided a continental breakfast which we went to both days. The breakfast included coffee, tea, orange juice, apple juice and cranberry juice. There were bagels, english muffins, bread and muffins all of which could be toasted in the toaster. There was also sausage patties, egg patties and cheese so that you could make a breakfast sandwich, hot oatmeal and a waffle maker to make yourself a home made belgian waffle. We tried everything except the oatmeal and it was all good and fresh. There was also a microwave and many different kinds of cereal.

I noticed a small indoor pool that always seemed to have alot of people in it, however, we didn't swim.

All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel. It's not the Ritz Carlton but if you are looking for a nice, clean hotel at a great price for a few nights, it's perfect!

Any questions, email polinsky@comcast.net

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank Desertgirl1960
Riverdale, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2005

We were in Baltimore for the weekend for an Orioles vs. Boston game and due to poor planning we didn't have a hotel until we got to Baltimore. And this being one of the biggest baseball weekends of the season, there weren't any rooms available within a 15 mile radius of Baltimore. Luckily we found this hotel which had limited availability. I must say that the Front Desk attendant (and I'm sorry I didn't get her name to give her props) was great. She handled the rush and pressure very well (because like us there were many others who didn't pre-plan OR were on their way home or on vacation and needed a place to crash).

The room was very nice. We didn't get a chance to utilize any of the amenities offered. Bed was comfortable and the air conditioner was blasting (we actually had to turn it off the room was so cold!). Breakfast was ok the next morning. We got there a little late and just got the leftovers but even the leftovers were just ok, nothing to write home about.

All in all, great place to stay if you are on a budget and don't pre-plan like we did. I would definitely stay there again if my travels find me on I-95 otherwise I'd probably aim to be closer to Baltimore.

• Stayed July 2005
2 Thank MJ24
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Air
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bel Air
Wingate by Wyndham Aberdeen /Edgewood
Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Bel Air - Aberdeen
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South

Been to SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen? Share your experiences!