“Nice restaurant, just don't go there to eat.”
Review of 510 Johnnys

510 Johnnys
Ranked #33 of 169 Restaurants in Bel Air
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: New American inspired menu burgers, steaks, seafood, pasta, and more! Happy Hour appetizers M-F 3-7pm. See live music from local bands on our stage 5 days a week, or watch the game on our huge projector screen and 40+ TVs!
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I like the restaurant itself, it is large and you won't feel cramped at all. After you're seated, then its all downhill, and I left feeling like I just threw $120 in the trash. The salad bowl brought out for all of us to share was little more than iceberg lettuce, with a few olives and cherry tomatoes thrown in. The loaf of bread brought out with it looked great, but it was dry and devoid of any taste. Our waitress was pleasant but obviously new and inexperienced, and she made a very big deal out of pouring some olive oil into a saucer and grinding some pepper on it, it was actually kind of cute, like we just came off the farm. She did however, try hard, which the kitchen obviously did not. I ordered the seafood manicotti and it was terrible. It did have some seafood in it but was the consistency of plaster and again, tasteless. I managed one and took the other one home for my "he'll eat anything" son. My daughter had the chicken chesapeake which she seemed to enjoy, so I imagine there are a few good picks in the extensive menu. As a local, I do try to support my local businesses, but in this case I would have gotten a much much better meal for the money at Bertucci's. I won't be coming back to Bellisimo.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

If the cost is big, the taste should be on par. The pasta was junk made with cheap oils. The portions where big And the place looked nice, but that doesn't justify a huge bill. To sum it up. It's Greek cooks attempting fine Italian dishes.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was taken here by a friend for lunch and ordered the MD Crab Cake. They provide a fresh loaf of bread and salad with your meal for everyone at the table. The amount of food delivered, required me to request a take home box. I was able to eat from this 1 meal 3x!!! The atmosphere is nice and servers are very knowledgeable about the food they are serving, the service was excellent and I thought it was a great place to dine. I have returned there with other's, including taking my Mother there for her birthday and she was very pleased with the quality of the food, the service and the atmosphere. There is an elevator for those who are handicapped to be able to get from the front parking spots up to the restaurant, without having the steps keep someone from enjoying some great food. I recommend it personally. But everyone has their own taste, preferences and opinion. This is mine. If you go, I hope you have the satisfactory experience I did. Enjoy!

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Originally we were very dissapointed when they opened but since then and at the urging of afriends we returned (twice so far) to have a really good meal and overall time. The happy hour is M-F and seems to last the entire day. (10:P.M.) Last meal we had there was crab soup, salad with a huge, well prepared piece of salmon (seriously 6-7 oz of fish) several drinks and dropped under $50 before tip.

We know the bar area is good

Reviewed February 14, 2012

The service was excellent, however, the server kept calling me "sweetheart" which although not offensive, was rather annoying after the 8th time. My companion and I ordered the cream of crab soup, and while it was average (and very similiar to what we would have had at the Double T for less $$), we both agreed that my own homemade was much better. The house salad was really great with fresh greens and an excellent italian dressing, and the warm rustic bread was a nice touch. Our server, Kory, kept our glasses filled without being overly obtrusive. My companion had the Linguini Alfredo with Shrimp. The alfredo sauce was good with an abundance of large shrimp, however, it was comparable to what we would have gotten across the street. I had the lobster, scallop, shrimp trio for $28.99. I guess this is were my biggest disappoint was. Perhaps I expected too much for $28.99. I got a small lobster tail, four large scallops and four large shrimp--grilled, broiled or whatever. Very underseasoned. It came with a large order of nondescript cole slaw..again no seasoning whatsoever. I was just totally underwhelmed. I've had an excellent whole lobster dinner at the Tower for $21.95 which just put this to shame. I don't mind paying top dollar for excellent food and service. But I don't think the quality here warrants the price I paid. I don't think I'll be coming back anytime soon....

Been to 510 Johnnys? Share your experiences!