“Intro to Pairings Bistro”
Review of Pairings Bistro

Pairings Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Pairings Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 160 Restaurants in Bel Air
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: RT 924
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We went into this lovely, clean and nicely decorated Bistro for an early dinner. We were there a little early, but our waiter asked the kitchen if they could serve dinner and they happily did. The deco was very nice, the wait staff were dressed very neat and clean and our waiter did a great job. Was there when we needed him, and we never felt rushed. We ordered the Prix Fixe Dinner. We felt the price was very reasonable and decided to give it a try. We were blown away by the food and the selections of paired wines. Presentation was excellent, portions were good sized, and the paired wines were spot on. Upon leaving, paired / served wines were available for purchase to enjoy latter. We will be back!

1  Thank Petnjet

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We had dined at here two times and raved about PB so much that friends of ours who lived an hour away wanted to give it a try. We enjoyed not being rushed which gave plenty of time to catch up. When our soup and entrees arrived, they were lukewarm. Ordered the black bass which had no taste at all. Husband ordered the chicken which he later indicated was bland. Placed an order for three sides of spinach, one of which arrived but not with dinner. I brought this to the attention of the waittress, and ten minutes later the second arrived and the third never did. Was embarrassed in front of our guests that we recommended PB. Not to mention, it was a very expensive dinner to have walked away so dissatisfied. Will not find me going back.

2  Thank Robin G
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This is a little gem hiding in Harford County. I love the food, atmosphere and the wine cellar. It is a unique bistro with great food. And, during the summer, it is great to sit outside and listen to music on the weekends while enjoying good food and wine ! They have the best cream of crab soup in town. Stop by and enjoy.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Just came home from Pairings Mother's Day special brunch; 11-2, I believe. From omelet, to buffet selection of salads, 3-4 entrées, to chef carved beef, to finger desserts. Expert food presentation and our group of five reported 'just wonderful' food. Our server was Erin who was both pleasant and professional; thanks. Forgot to mention, a fresh orange juice with champagne starter drink. [very nice touch!] Pairings work hard for their top rating and I can highly recommend a meal or event at Pairings!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Just had dinner here Wednesday night. Was really looking forward to it from all of the rave reviews that it has gotten here. Sadly, I was not impressed. The restaurant itself is gorgeous. Love the theme of the waiters all having bowties. That's about where it ends.

We ate at 8 pm and the restaurant was still really busy, and REALLY loud. The tables are all very close together, and to have a conversation, you need to speak very loudly to each other to be heard. It took a long time to even get a glass of wine to start. When out waiter came over to us and asked us if we had been there before (which we had not), he said that there were many large parties this particular evening, therefore there would be no specials. OK, I'm fine with that. He then went on to explain how the menu worked so quickly that my husband and I just had to laugh and say "Did you even get one thing that he just said??" The service was very rushed and the food was good. Nothing stellar. I had the chicken, which could have come off the grill a few minutes sooner than it did, because it was rather dry. My husband had a steak that was a little on the tough side as well. My beet salad was fanstastic though.

I do like the fact that you can order smaller portions, especially in this day and age where portions have ballooned to outrageous sizes. The wine selection was pretty good as well. You won't find high end wines here, but the ones we had were tasty. I like the fact that if you buy a bottle of wine from them when you dine there, you get a 10% discount.

I think if I was back in the area, I would try this restaurant again, maybe at lunch to give it another try.