“Fun Evening at Duclaw”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Spent a long evening at Duclaw with a group of friends on a business trip. We all sat at a large table on the patio. It was Tuesday and they offered 2 for 1 specials on beer. Had several types of their local brew and tried a few appetizers. Food was average, beer was great. Atmosphere will bring me back again and again. Server was super sweet and tolerated our large and sometimes loud group.

1  Thank TripTaker83

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Excellent selection of Craft Beers and Excellent Food selection at great prices. Beautifully artistically decorated restaurant. Plenty of seating when we were there at lunch Friday. I thought the place would be packed and it's a shame it was not. Come On y'all, GET THERE!!!!

We got the complete round of beers on tap. Twelve various type of beer. Then we ordered a pint of our favorite along with our food. I got the Maryland Crab Soup and Crab cake sandwich with duck fat fries.......super awesome. My son got the Jambalaya..... super great.

To go we filled 5 growlers of the beers we picked to be the best. We will travel the 1.5 hrs. to dine at DUCLAW in Bel Air, MD at least once a month from hence forth.

1  Thank JMT131
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We go to lunch here on Sundays several times a year. It is the most relaxing place to eat...Anywhere! It is generally very quiet inside. The ceilings are very high and the decorations are modern and dark. It is a nice atmosphere to just "chill out" in. My kids always love the food. My food ranges from okay to excellent. Your best bet is to stick to seafood or burgers. But their buffalo chicken sandwich is really great according to my husband. The crab items have always been delicious. The DuClaw beers are wonderful. The service there has been better recently. We have lost servers in years past. We have been eating her for many years though. We have also had outstanding service over the years too.

1  Thank OnVacationToday
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My friends and I visited last Saturday for drinks and a light meal. The beer selections were not to my liking and the bar area was very loud. I tried the red sangria and it was so disgusting, I had to send the drink back.

I ordered the grilled chicken sandwich, which was good but nothing to write home about. Our waitress was nice, but she seemed to have to large of a territory. I would not frequent this establishment or recommend it because the experience was just avg.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stopped here for a late dinner. Thought I'd just check out the bar, but it was very crowded and noisy, so I went to the restaurant side. I was immediately seated and after 10 minutes, one of the more experienced waitress came over and was shocked to see that no one had approached my table. I suspected my table was not in her area of responsibility. I received an apology and a visit from the manager who said my wait was unacceptable, and offered me a beer on the house. I ordered a Greek burger, and was a bit disappointed as it tasted like a regular burger. Again the expericenced waitress saved the day by bringing me some feta cheese and Greek olives to supplement the burger, saving the meal. The beers were fairly good and fairly unique. In summary a nice save by an experienced waitress.