“Best Hilton Property choice for Aberdeen so far” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Bel Air

Homewood Suites by Hilton Bel Air
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bel Air
Florida
“Best Hilton Property choice for Aberdeen so far”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2009

Ok, so I got the "pleasure" of being able to stay in a hotel that had been open less than 2 weeks. That's great in that it's cleaner than most, new funishings, etc. I'm a Hilton Gold VIP so when I travel on business I try to stay in a Hilton property. I'll caveat this review by saying this hotel is a much better choice than the Hampton Inn in Edgewood. However they seem to have some growing pains. My first night as I was trying to get to sleep I got up to use the restroom and low and behold it started to back up. I called the front desk only to be told by Stephanie that she didn't have anyone she could call to assist me and I could either change rooms or (get this) come down to the lobby to use the public restroom! So I asked her to have someone run me up keys to a new room and she said I'd have to come to the lobby because she was the only employee in the entire hotel!! So I had to get dressed and pack all my stuff, haul it downstairs only to get a key to a room 3 doors down from my previous room. I spent the rest of the trip worrying about the plumbing. The odd thing was that she never once asked if the toilet had actually overflowed. I wonder if it had if then she'd have called a plumber.

My other complaint was that there were NO local channels...so forget about checking the local weather or traffic reports before heading out. Hopefully these are all just growing pains. If not I'll be using the new Hilton Garden Inn on my next trip to Aberdeen.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank HiltonGoldRegular

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Air
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen
Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air
Wingate by Wyndham Aberdeen /Edgewood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Edgewood / Aberdeen-South

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Bel Air? Share your experiences!